WMU firing Tim Lester / hiring Lance Taylor | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

WMU firing Tim Lester / hiring Lance Taylor

Does anyone else find it humorous that a MAC school which brings in far less revenue holds itself to a higher standard than a P5.

So BCUBs said their standard or expectations are the following which I would imagine is accurate:
"The expectation has always been to win the MAC, or at least make the MAC championship. Lester and his crew never met that.

Do you think Syracuse should have the same in the ACC? Good for you if so but that sounds crazy to me.

To me the expectation should be bowl game every year, ( 6-8 wins) may fall a game short every so often, may throw in a great season every so often but I think the last 20 years have shown that Syracuse is up against it and it would take a miracle to meet the expectation of competing for an ACC championship every year. Love to meet the coach that could pull that off because there isn't one. If there was he would be here all of 2-3 years and I would love every minute of it and I am fine with it.

Do I think there are coaches out there that could win 6-8 almost every year at Syracuse. I do. Do I think there is one that could compete for the ACC Championship every year, absolutely 100% do not. (One that would actually come to Syracuse and that may be debateable)

I also think there are a ton of coaches that would take it from Dino and make it far worse

So BCUBs said their standard or expectations are the following which I would imagine is accurate:
"The expectation has always been to win the MAC, or at least make the MAC championship. Lester and his crew never met that.

Do you think Syracuse should have the same in the ACC? Good for you if so but that sounds crazy to me.

To me the expectation should be bowl game every year, ( 6-8 wins) may fall a game short every so often, may throw in a great season every so often but I think the last 20 years have shown that Syracuse is up against it and it would take a miracle to meet the expectation of competing for an ACC championship every year. Love to meet the coach that could pull that off because there isn't one. If there was he would be here all of 2-3 years and I would love every minute of it and I am fine with it.

Do I think there are coaches out there that could win 6-8 almost every year at Syracuse. I do. Do I think there is one that could compete for the ACC Championship every year, absolutely 100% do not. (One that would actually come to Syracuse and that may be debateable)

I also think there are a ton of coaches that would take it from Dino and make it far worse
8 wins a year, graduate kids and / or get them paid in the league, get the occasional 9-10-11 win year, occasional conference title game appearance (2-3 times a decade).

Basically where we were from 86-01.

Just get me back there

8 wins a year, graduate kids and / or get them paid in the league, get the occasional 9-10-11 win year, occasional conference title game appearance (2-3 times a decade).

Just get me back there

That's it? I think what is clear moving forward is Dino needs 6 wins at the minimum for a few years or he could be gone. Next year we need another bowl game

Last edited:
That's it? I think what is clear moving forward is Dino has needs 6 wins at the minimum for a few years or he could be gone. Next year we need another bowl game
Dream world we'd be pissed at a 9 win season and would be competing for the top 12 year after year, getting fellated by college GameDay every Saturday

Does anyone else find it humorous that a MAC school which brings in far less revenue holds itself to a higher standard than a P5.

Absent extenuating circumstances, I find it not quite humorous. Shameful, maybe.

Too bad for Tim. He's one of the good guys in the game.

Just get me back there
Direct competitors in shambles and racist programs across the country turning down amazing QBs led to great recruiting to play a weaker schedule against those direct competitors in shambles

It's why I bother with the SRS. 8 isn't the baseline here now if it even ever was

Lester is a competent guy with good experience but that Bill Cubit tree is barf

He needs to go be a QB coach for a great offense and rinse out all that goofy Cubit truck play stuff

Our old pal. These G5 jobs opening up make me worry about White, but that’s what happens when you have good assistants.

Good man.

Just get me back there
I hope it happens in my lifetime. I'll be 58 in January.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom