WMU /Season to date thoughts | Syracusefan.com

WMU /Season to date thoughts

Orangezoo

In the wind
First of all it sure is nice to be watching some cfb tonight after a Cuse win.

This game felt a lot like what I expected our week 1 offense would be. Still shaky in spots but with a clear connection between Tommy and Trishton and putting some points on the board. Paired with some rough spots as well. Defensively, we missed Cisco and Iffy no doubt and just absolutely got shredded when we went zone. Tackling again was problematic. That said there were good things and things to work forward from which was desperately needed.

In terms of the season so far- and seeing scores all around like Temple , who beat the Maryland team that crushed us, now being abused by Buffalo who lost to the Liberty team we shut out. And then seeing Liberty with 48 points already in the third quarter tonight... It's hard to place where we or a lot of teams not named Clemson or any top 10 SEC team are. With that said going to try..

First off I think scheduling, which we thought favored us this year and still just might, really stung this team early on.

We started out eyeing week 3. Maryland had their eyes on us. When I look at Maryland, they are very similar to Western Michigan. Lots of weapons but no way are they 43 points better than us. We laid an unprepared egg. Followed by the buzzsaw that is Clemson. The lack of a glorified scrimmage to start the year really hurt. Liberty, a road game against a not great but not bad at all team, was not that scrimmage we needed.

After today I have hope, because it feels more like the season started today than whatever you want to call the previous 3 weeks. After the tune up/scrimmage next week we find out where we are, hopefully at nearly full health when we hit the road vs NC State. Get things to 4-2 with the offense settled in and let's hit the gas pedal and get back into top 25 conversations over the following weeks.

Long ways to go but today we saw signs of life, some energy on the sidelines and a reminder that, yes we do still have a football program that can light up the scoreboard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom