Womens NCAAT | Syracusefan.com

Womens NCAAT

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Two interesting games tonight to complete their Final Four, as #1 seeds South Carolina and Stanford advanced yesterday. In the first game tonight, in the East Regional from Bridgeport, Conn, one seed NC State faces two seed Yukon. Do they really protect the two seed that much that it takes away from the #1 seed? Regardless, NC State is really good, but Yukon is healthier, so should be a good game but let's go Pack.

The second game is #1 seed Louisville, with ex-Cuse standout Emily Engstler, facing #3 seed Michigan in Wichita. I guess we root for the #1 seeds, fellow ACC partners, to sweep to set up an all #1 seed Final Four.

If you don't follow Women's Hoops at all, generally there is a huge haves and have nots, as the really top teams load their 15 scholarship rosters with top players and since they don't have the fall out of players leaving early for the NBA, generally the very top teams stay at or very near the top. That's what makes is very difficult for second tier teams like the Cuse to break through. Hopefully FLJ is as good, or better, recruiter than Hillsman, but a better game coach also.

UConn women play tourney games in Bridgeport every year. It's like death and taxes. I bet they could be an 8th seed and still be seeded there.

(I have an irrational dislike for UConn women's basketball. Everyone I know here (Fairfield County) seems to be a big fan of them, holds season tickets, schleps nearly two hours to Storrs for games and talks about them incessantly. It is like men's basketball does not exist for them. When you mention a basketball game ... they assume it is a UConn women's game).

Last edited:
UConn plays tourney games in Bridgeport every year. It's like death and taxes. I bet they could be an 8th seed and still play there.

(I have an irrational dislike for UConn women's basketball. Everyone I know here (Fairfield County) seems to be a big fan of them, holds season tickets, schleps nearly two hours to Storrs for games and talks about them incessantly. It is like men's basketball does not exist for them. When you mention you're going to a basketball game ... they assume it is a UConn women's game).
I hope for your sake that NC State takes Yukon and their fans out of the game early enough so the location doesn't come into play. However, we know this will probably be a tooth and nails type game. Let's hope that the ACC prevails at the end.

Go Engstler she is a player I would want my entire team to play like.
Tough, smart, skilled and all-around player.

We had the talent last year to have been better.
Good luck to Louisville.

The women’s basketball tournament always has a regional in CT or RI pretty much every year for UConn to fill up the arena.

Women’s tournament needs to go neutral site. Sport is growing enough now.
Put pods close to the powers areas but make them neutral site.

Pretty good game early.

I hope 1 seed NC state can pull this one out in Connecticut.

Looked like that UConn player broke her wrist for sure. Ugly!

NC State and Yukon going to OT. You knew it was going to be a close game.

The girl that made the 3 is the girlfriend of the Moore kid on Nova.

How does UConn not foul up by 3 with 6 seconds to go??!!
This game should not be in in 2ot if Geno coached better there.

Go Engstler she is a player I would want my entire team to play like.
Tough, smart, skilled and all-around player.

We had the talent last year to have been better.
Good luck to Louisville.

The women’s basketball tournament always has a regional in CT or RI pretty much every year for UConn to fill up the arena.

Women’s tournament needs to go neutral site. Sport is growing enough now.
Put pods close to the powers areas but make them neutral site.
When Emily unfortunately first came here she was not in shape, very poor conditioning but so talented with unlimited potential. It took till her junior year when she lost over 50 lbs when I knew she had starting to change her dedication to the game.

During the Louisville-Tennessee game, they had a piece about Emily. they said Emily admitted that she wasn’t the best teammate, nor a hard worker, was out of shape and was pretty uncoachable in her early college career. To be honest, I wasn’t surprised to hear this, so happy for her that she’s putting it all together now but sad knowing how she could have made such a difference here. They were praising her change of attitude, dedication, teamwork and work ethic.

That was one of the best games you will ever see. Big play after big play. Kudos to both teams. Paige Beckers is amazing and as clutch as anybody I’ve seen play including the men. Great player.

When Emily unfortunately first came here she was not in shape, very poor conditioning but so talented with unlimited potential. It took till her junior year when she lost over 50 lbs when I knew she had starting to change her dedication to the game.

During the Louisville-Tennessee game, they had a piece about Emily. they said Emily admitted that she wasn’t the best teammate, nor a hard worker, was out of shape and was pretty uncoachable in her early college career. To be honest, I wasn’t surprised to hear this, so happy for her that she’s putting it all together now but sad knowing how she could have made such a difference here. They were praising her change of attitude, dedication, teamwork and work ethic.
Not sure of all her 1st half stats, but it didn't appear she had that good of the first twenty minutes and Louisville struggled somewhat. Let's hope she can lead her team to the FF.

Not sure of all her 1st half stats, but it didn't appear she had that good of the first twenty minutes and Louisville struggled somewhat. Let's hope she can lead her team to the FF.

She didn’t score but did have 8 rebs.

They put a misleading graphic on her up early in the second half tonight. Two columns--one showed her stats as a frosh, the other this season. Then they said she had made the great improvement after transferring to Louisville. I'm fairly sure she is getting better coaching this year, but anyone who has followed SU women's hoops at all knows she made the leap forward her junior year. She was terrific (if under-utilized) during her junior season playing for the Orange.

They put a misleading graphic on her up early in the second half tonight. Two columns--one showed her stats as a frosh, the other this season. Then they said she had made the great improvement after transferring to Louisville. I'm fairly sure she is getting better coaching this year, but anyone who has followed SU women's hoops at all knows she made the leap forward her junior year. She was terrific (if under-utilized) during her junior season playing for the Orange.
Her shooting is much better this year than at SU but her defense has really improved too. She was always an excellent rebounder. She’s actually played less minutes/game at Louisville(25 min) than last year at SU (28 min). She always had unbelievable potential but the motivation to excel every game seemed to be missing for some reason.

That Danielle Rauch for Michigan was a great player for Ludden and I think her dad still holds some records at LeMoyne.
She’s got an excellent work ethic, not a gifted athlete but all determination and pure motivation. Yes her dad was a multi sport athlete at Ludden/Lemoyne in both baseball and basketball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom