Womens NCAAT | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Womens NCAAT

Good for her but really sad for us. I was so excited for the future of the women’s program with her. Bet she would have been a big factor even this past season. She’d be a 1st team All ACC here. She has a championship which is awesome but both Boston and Saxton are juniors. Women usually stay all 4 years. Wonder what the effect of the war will have regarding playing in Russia, Ukraine etc for the women - they were one of the highest paying leagues overseas. The WNBA pays very poorly comparatively.

S. Carolina puts in the walkons. Not Gino. One is classy...the other...is Gino
Not a Geno fan by any means but not sure I'd call Staley classy. Constantly barking at the refs (not a lip reader but looked like some f bombs thrown in there) and waving her hands in disgust at numerous calls. Meanwhile I thought SC got the benefit of more calls than UConn.

Good for her but really sad for us. I was so excited for the future of the women’s program with her. Bet she would have been a big factor even this past season. She’d be a 1st team All ACC here. She has a championship which is awesome but both Boston and Saxton are juniors. Women usually stay all 4 years. Wonder what the effect of the war will have regarding playing in Russia, Ukraine etc for the women - they were one of the highest paying leagues overseas. The WNBA pays very poorly comparatively.
When a great player gets detained and used as a political weapon, that pretty much guarantees no US based players are going to play in Russia for a while. Agree, it is awful for these great athletes looking to make some money.

Glad for Cardozo. Assume she will get the starting job at center next year and become their next AA. It would be go cool though if she transferred back and finished her career where it started.

Don't think the transfer rules are going to allow that without sitting out a year and that isn't going to happen. Very sad for Syracuse fans to see her and Emily and the PG that went to Duke and all the others scattered all over the ACC and elsewhere.

What might have been.

When a great player gets detained and used as a political weapon, that pretty much guarantees no US based players are going to play in Russia for a while. Agree, it is awful for these great athletes looking to make some money.

Glad for Cardozo. Assume she will get the starting job at center next year and become their next AA. It would be go cool though if she transferred back and finished her career where it started.

Don't think the transfer rules are going to allow that without sitting out a year and that isn't going to happen. Very sad for Syracuse fans to see her and Emily and the PG that went to Duke and all the others scattered all over the ACC and elsewhere.

What might have been.
A player that transferred after the no sit for a year rule went into effect who then transfers again would have to sit a year unless they are a grad transfer. I believe that there use to be a rule that players could transfer and not sit if the head coach left. I don't know if that is still in effect with the new no sit rule.

Not a Geno fan by any means but not sure I'd call Staley classy. Constantly barking at the refs (not a lip reader but looked like some f bombs thrown in there) and waving her hands in disgust at numerous calls. Meanwhile I thought SC got the benefit of more calls than UConn.
I have to agree about Dawn’s courtside manner during the game. She was constantly complaining long after plays were completed so you had no idea what she was even carping about. Refs were surprisingly very patient with her. Geno was surprisingly calm, he seemed resigned to what he knew was going to be the final outcome. He knew his team was ‘outmanned’. Hate admitting it but Geno sure could have used Kamilla more than South Carolina. That Henderson guard for South Carolina was impressive. Her speed coupled with her outstanding ball handling skills really impressed me. She looked so tiny out there and she was 5’7”, my playing height - wow even guards are getting taller and taller, just like the men.

Regarding next year at South Carolina, the 6’5” Boston is only a junior, most women stay all 4 years so it will be interesting what she does. Now 6’2” Victaria Saxton, their other tall starter, is a senior who could stay another year because of Covid or leave for the WNBA. Kamilla is 6’7” tall, if Boston stays will she move to forward from the center position she has excelled at so Kamilla plays center? Will be interesting, to see what happens next year (that Henderson is a senior too). Regardless, no tears for either South Carolina nor UConn - let’s go Felisha and SU!

I have to agree about Dawn’s courtside manner during the game. She was constantly complaining long after plays were completed so you had no idea what she was even carping about. Refs were surprisingly very patient with her. Geno was surprisingly calm, he seemed resigned to what he knew was going to be the final outcome. He knew his team was ‘outmanned’. Hate admitting it but Geno sure could have used Kamilla more than South Carolina. That Henderson guard for South Carolina was impressive. Her speed coupled with her outstanding ball handling skills really impressed me. She looked so tiny out there and she was 5’7”, my playing height - wow even guards are getting taller and taller, just like the men.
Kamilla would have been better off going to Louisville with Emily. South Carolina very possibly doesn't get to the championship game. Going to South Carolina was a bad move. It remains to be seen how good Boston is at the next level.
Dawn's offensive and defensive philosophy doesn't work well in the WNBA. Out of the players from South Carolina over the past 6 years the only star is A'ja, and she never wanted or was just a low post player.

I will say - I enjoyed the simplicity of UConn’s simple high tens they’d give to each other during starting lineups.

SC doing all this stupid patty cake dancing routines stuff that everyone else does too - it’s just corny at this point.

Kamilla would have been better off going to Louisville with Emily. South Carolina very possibly doesn't get to the championship game. Going to South Carolina was a bad move. It remains to be seen how good Boston is at the next level.
Dawn's offensive and defensive philosophy doesn't work well in the WNBA. Out of the players from South Carolina over the past 6 years the only star is A'ja, and she never wanted or was just a low post player.
Interesting about South Carolina, you’re right that Kamilla would have helped Louisville too. Nice though that we don’t have to contend with her in the ACC now.

Lot of comments on Staley's courtside behavior, perhaps she is just mimicking Coach Krzyzewski who cried about every call and that seem to work as an advantage for him. I do have more of an issue with coaches standing on the court; Q often did. On the men's side this crazy, refs should be allow to give them a stiff arm since they won't call a technical foul.

Lot of comments on Staley's courtside behavior, perhaps she is just mimicking Coach Krzyzewski who cried about every call and that seem to work as an advantage for him. I do have more of an issue with coaches standing on the court; Q often did. On the men's side this crazy, refs should be allow to give them a stiff arm since they won't call a technical foul.
It’s not a good look regardless what coach is doing it. Every coach has a right to complain about a bad call but there should be acceptable limits. You lose credibility constantly complaining. I agree with you about coaches stalking the court, being on the court, they are interfering with the refs and the players. It’s also a pet peeve of mine. I’ve always wished (Ok I’m bad) that a player or ref would run over these coaches. There are rules preventing it and why refs don’t call it, I have no idea.

imagine that, a head coach talking to the refs and waving his/her hands in disgust at numerous calls. Never really see that much nowadays
Of course it happens. But there's a limit and then it gets obnoxious.

imagine that, a head coach talking to the refs and waving his/her hands in disgust at numerous calls. Never really see that much nowadays
Methinks u probably didn't even watch the game.

It’s not a good look regardless what coach is doing it. Every coach has a right to complain about a bad call but there should be acceptable limits. You lose credibility constantly complaining. I agree with you about coaches stalking the court, being on the court, they are interfering with the refs and the players. It’s also a pet peeve of mine. I’ve always wished (Ok I’m bad) that a player or ref would run over these coaches. There are rules preventing it and why refs don’t call it, I have no idea.
They should make it a point of emphasis that coaches will get teed up if they step on to the court after one warning. Cal at UK is the biggest offender that I've seen. Buzz Williams comes to mind as well.

I saw that Staley will make $3,500,000 this year thanks to the NC and other bonuses.

Mind boggling considering the P&L on that program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom