working on the chain gang | Syracusefan.com

working on the chain gang

upperdeck

Living Legend
is there a rule that says you cant have 2 sets of chain gangs on each side of the field? if not SU should figure out how to get it done at home games..

Completely agree. I think our guys were getting very frustrated every time the official held us up at the line. How are we supposed to go fast if the officials and chain gangs can't keep pace? I mean, it's nothing different than running a 2-min offense all game long. Sheesh.

I'm pretty sure that's why there was a sideline warning against Colgate. I believe their staff or players impeded the chain gang from moving on a couple of occasions

I'm pretty sure that's why there was a sideline warning against Colgate. I believe their staff or players impeded the chain gang from moving on a couple of occasions
exactly.

and there is always 2 chain gangs. 1, which is legit, the other just for show.

in colgates defense, I don't think they've seen an offense like that and were prepared to for any of it. (although they did hold the Orange to more FGs than I would've liked)

in shock all the way down to the chains moving...

SU might consider hiring new chain gang members in the 20' or 30's. Those guys really got a workout last night.

SU might consider hiring new chain gang members in the 20' or 30's. Those guys really got a workout last night.

Refs were having issues getting out of the way from plays too. This style challenges the ref's, chain crew's conditioning as well as opponent's defenses. Hope this isn't an issue all year with refs, chain crew not used to this new "fast" style.

Refs were having issues getting out of the way from plays too. This style challenges the ref's, chain crew's conditioning as well as opponent's defenses. Hope this isn't an issue all year with refs, chain crew not used to this new "fast" style.
where were the refs from?? the ACC, the patriot??? or just a hodgepodge??

as for the chain gangs, I gotta imagine there would be a long line of people wanting to do that if the 'A' team has beer & sausaged their way out of a job.

where were the refs from?? the ACC, the patriot??? or just a hodgepodge??

as for the chain gangs, I gotta imagine there would be a long line of people wanting to do that if the 'A' team has beer & sausaged their way out of a job.

Not sure but aren't refs usually from the opponents' league? (thus Patriot League officials)

One play took foreverrrrr for them to get out there.

And don't be talking to our QB. Spot the ball and get the F out of the way.

one site says

Members of the chain crew are usually picked by the offices of the home team instead of the league or conference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom