World JRs Gold Medal Game - US v. Canada | Syracusefan.com

World JRs Gold Medal Game - US v. Canada

chugg21

Gritty, High IQ, Scrappy, Gym Rat, Lunch Pail Guy
Anyone else here been watching? Didn't see any threads recently so wasn't sure what the interest level is. I absolutely love this tournament each year and it never gets better than the US vs Canada for the Gold like we have tonight. Canada is a pretty clear favorite as they have pretty much steamrolled everyone in their path but hoping for a classic.

Anyone else here been watching? Didn't see any threads recently so wasn't sure what the interest level is. I absolutely love this tournament each year and it never gets better than the US vs Canada for the Gold like we have tonight. Canada is a pretty clear favorite as they have pretty much steamrolled everyone in their path but hoping for a classic.
ive watched the medal round.

last night was a little closer than i wanted after going up 3-1, but I'm really looking forward to tonight.

I think Canada steamrolls us tonight. Aside from the Turcotte and Caufield, didn't really see any USA players driving offense. Thought Finland outplayed us, aside from a 10:00 stretch in the 2nd.

Cozens looks good, which is nice to see.

This is always worth a watch though:

I think Canada steamrolls us tonight. Aside from the Turcotte and Caufield, didn't really see any USA players driving offense. Thought Finland outplayed us, aside from a 10:00 stretch in the 2nd.

Agree. Spencer Knight playing out of his mind is our only real shot. Couldn't be happier with Cozens. Looks like the real deal and find it conflicting to root for Canada to the bed but for him and Quinn to play great.

made good money last night.. Canada was a lock and under -200 was too good to pass up.. USA came thru as well.. .Rolling Finland tonight at +150 over Russia as that goalie is so shaky right now.

made good money last night.. Canada was a lock and under -200 was too good to pass up.. USA came thru as well.. .Rolling Finland tonight at +150 over Russia as that goalie is so shaky right now.
I'm still confounded by how Askarov lost his stick a dozen times. Kid is the best goalie prospect in over a decade but something bizarre was going on. May have just been overwhelmed by the onslaught from puck drop.

I used to follow the tournament hard up to the mid 2000's. But I find the coverage of it in Canada becomes overbearing at times (paralysis by over analysis). I will certainly watch it tonight, but it doesn't capture my attention like it once did. That being said Go Canada.

This is the best Canada team in a while. Mind you, one game anything could happen.

So much talent on Canada. Goaltender smashing records. And a top defensive pairing of Byram-Drysdale is rock solid.

I used to follow the tournament hard up to the mid 2000's. But I find the coverage of it in Canada becomes overbearing at times (paralysis by over analysis). I will certainly watch it tonight, but it doesn't capture my attention like it once did. That being said Go Canada.
It’s TSN’s Baby now that they don’t have much NHL content due to that moving to Sportsnet.

It’s TSN’s Baby now that they don’t have much NHL content due to that moving to Sportsnet.

It was over-analysis even before they lost that full contract to Sportsnet, but now for the reason you noted it is even worse. TSN has rode this thing hard for the last 20 years.

The big problem for the US was how the Finn's controlled the US end for such long periods. When the US finally got control of the puck they couldn't sustain any pressure into the Finn's end because they were always changing. Their forecheck was really good. They put a man on to puck right away and then cut off the passing lanes. Also it looked like the Finns were bigger and a little bit older, and got away with some interference. The two delay of game penalties in the third changed the game. It took the momentum away from the US. (not complaining about the calls). Just poor discipline by the US.

But what did carry the day for the US was how, despite being outplayed, they were relentless the entire game and never quit, much like how the US women beat the Canadians in 2018. The Finns were a little tired from having to fight their way back to 3-3, and were a little careless for just a moment in their own end and bang. After they beat us twice in the last 2 tournaments, I wasn't compelled to feel bad for them. :)

And yes, they're in deep tonight. The Canadians have always put so much pressure on themselves, because it means so much to the rest of the country. They get all amped up and over-hustle trying to do too much and sometimes take bad penalties. But if they stay out of the box, they're going to be tough to beat.

That was such a good game

Canada is coming on strong. US was definitely on its heels the last 7-8 minutes of the second.

US needs to start the 3rd period with a few solid shifts.