World JRs Gold Medal Game - US v. Canada | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

World JRs Gold Medal Game - US v. Canada

37 years old and just tossed on an old Kaner team usa jersey and cracked a barrel aged stout at 11pm on a Tuesday!
Youngster!!

but any drink now is deserved!!

im just sipping wine like an old man after a few shots of tequila in between periods.

great win!!!

Youngster!!

but any drink now is deserved!!

im just sipping wine like an old man after a few shots of tequila in between periods.

great win!!!
This was awesome but nothing will beat the 2013 WJC. Bars in Buffalo opened at like 8am since it was in Russia. Absolutely jam packed and won the Gold.

Both teams skated hard and played pretty clean. Officiating was solid, like it was the whole tournament. I think the Finns were the best team, just a momentary lapse cost them. The announcer Ray Ferraro can be a chatterbox, but he called it right when he said the difference in the game was in how the US kept the puck to the outside when it was in their end, and looking back he was right. The Canadians got almost nothing from the slot. Good game, good tournament, all things considered.

I didn't know that the USA was 3-1 head to head with Canada in gold medal games, which is now obviously 4-1. I'm still surprised at that. Canada still leads overall with 18 golds, Russia 13, USA & Finland, 5 ea.

Would've been fun to see Dach and Lafreniere playing for Canada and Jack Hughes for the US but I'll certainly celebrate this gold with no issue. Canada had 20 1st rd picks on the roster so there's 0 excuses.

Would've been fun to see Dach and Lafreniere playing for Canada and Jack Hughes for the US but I'll certainly celebrate this gold with no issue. Canada had 20 1st rd picks on the roster so there's 0 excuses.

I think the coaching left a little to be desired. I saw little imagination or ability to adjust in-game from that quarter.