worst best team vs best worst team | Syracusefan.com

worst best team vs best worst team

swish7

All Conference
Honestly, I almost posted the quoted title above and the quoted text at the end of this post before the game, but decided not to, and closed my browser. For some reason, unsaved draft messages stay in the writing area. Anyhow, I cannot believe that just happened.
  • How could the "unflappable" Ennis' fully-flapping (missed TO) pass to Fair be so excruciatingly reviewable, and the BC player's fall / flop not be?
  • Why do our bigs and Fair consistently go to the rim in a weak, fade away layup, skyhooky manner? If we attacked the rim, as we saw Cooney do, positive things would happen. We need Fine and his broomsticks. This is my #1 issue with this team at this point in time. Rak's miss there at the end being a prime example.
  • Poop happens, Ennis will make a bad decision here and there. Ah well.
  • Still, absolutely no excuse to blow a 13 point lead to a 19 loss team at home.
  • And then the chat devolved into a parental perspective lecture. 'Bees would be happy. Venting was discouraged, and "next game, you'll see!!!!" patently encouraged. Yay, I'm sure all us negative nancies will be better humans for having witnessed such perspectivey prose. In the immediacy of the moment, can the perspective. Save it for after the season. Or, retrospective, if you will.
  • I'm positively sick of Fair's unforced errors and weak layup attempts.
  • I'm convinced many do not know what a bunny is. A fadeaway / skyhooky / avoiding contacty shot in the paint is not a bunny. It is a bad shot, with a low chance at a positive outcome. And if it were Roberson taking it, a benchable offense.
  • Rak, and Ennis, and Cooney, bring it. It's too bad one is often subbed for Gbinije, while the protected senior can miss "bunnies". I like Grant better as the main option, but even he takes it in weak.
  • It is not the end of the world. Duh. It is the bursting of the bubble that began expanding when we were oh so close behind an undefeated Arizona.
  • The uniform curse continues. There will never again be a better opportunity to break it.
  • The play of the game was when Cooney got screened, and Hanlon blew past a strangely matador-Rak.
  • Just saw on ESPN that BC had the lowest winning percentage of any team that ever beat a #1 in february, in history. There's your perspective folks.
  • JB's presser. "we need to score". Totally agree coach. Onwards and upwards.
"in jest..

we must have the best record to close win ratio and BC must have the worst record to close loss ratio. For a horrid record, BC rarely loses by more than 10.

should be interesting as usual. I hope we beat 'em by 21 like Duke did."

Honestly, I almost posted the quoted title above and the quoted text at the end of this post before the game, but decided not to, and closed my browser. For some reason, unsaved draft messages stay in the writing area. Anyhow, I cannot believe that just happened.
  • How could the "unflappable" Ennis' fully-flapping (missed TO) pass to Fair be so excruciatingly reviewable, and the BC player's fall / flop not be?
  • Why do our bigs and Fair consistently go to the rim in a weak, fade away layup, skyhooky manner? If we attacked the rim, as we saw Cooney do, positive things would happen. We need Fine and his broomsticks. This is my #1 issue with this team at this point in time. Rak's miss there at the end being a prime example.
  • Poop happens, Ennis will make a bad decision here and there. Ah well.
  • Still, absolutely no excuse to blow a 13 point lead to a 19 loss team at home.
  • And then the chat devolved into a parental perspective lecture. 'Bees would be happy. Venting was discouraged, and "next game, you'll see!!!!" patently encouraged. Yay, I'm sure all us negative nancies will be better humans for having witnessed such perspectivey prose. In the immediacy of the moment, can the perspective. Save it for after the season. Or, retrospective, if you will.
  • I'm positively sick of Fair's unforced errors and weak layup attempts.
  • I'm convinced many do not know what a bunny is. A fadeaway / skyhooky / avoiding contacty shot in the paint is not a bunny. It is a bad shot, with a low chance at a positive outcome. And if it were Roberson taking it, a benchable offense.
  • Rak, and Ennis, and Cooney, bring it. It's too bad one is often subbed for Gbinije, while the protected senior can miss "bunnies". I like Grant better as the main option, but even he takes it in weak.
  • It is not the end of the world. Duh. It is the bursting of the bubble that began expanding when we were oh so close behind an undefeated Arizona.
  • The uniform curse continues. There will never again be a better opportunity to break it.
  • The play of the game was when Cooney got screened, and Hanlon blew past a strangely matador-Rak.
  • Just saw on ESPN that BC had the lowest winning percentage of any team that ever beat a #1 in february, in history. There's your perspective folks.
  • JB's presser. "we need to score". Totally agree coach. Onwards and upwards.
"in jest..

we must have the best record to close win ratio and BC must have the worst record to close loss ratio. For a horrid record, BC rarely loses by more than 10.

should be interesting as usual. I hope we beat 'em by 21 like Duke did."

I don't "like" this, per se, but you get the idea.

What a frustrating game (after a series of very frustrating performances). We've had 125 consecutive minutes -- with one incredible shot mixed in -- of very poor offensive basketball, but many seem to not want to see it.

And the comment about a benchable offense for Roberson is spot on. Just infuriating to root for this team while watching the coaching get more conservative as the quality of play deteriorates. A vicious cycle.

I don't "like" this, per se, but you get the idea. What a frustrating game (after a series of very frustrating performances). We've had 125 consecutive minutes -- with one incredible shot mixed in -- of very poor offensive basketball, but many seem to not want to see it. And the comment about a benchable offense for Roberson is spot on. Just infuriating to root for this team while watching the coaching get more conservative as the quality of play deteriorates. A vicious cycle.

I agree. You know, I don't feel Roberson is the answer to anything. However, the "mistakes" he gets benched for pale in comparison to the ball we witnessed tonight. It has to be so discouraging to be a competitor, and be buried on that bench, and know you will be given no opportunity to help your team win, no matter how poorly they play.

Our softness around the rim should be a benchable offense. Who is coaching these interior guys anyways?

One can understand why these kids get impatient.

"Hey, coach, I can drive the lane and throw a wild circus shot toward the backboard with 25 seconds on the shot clock, too!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom