Worst case bowl scenario | Syracusefan.com

Worst case bowl scenario

Pinstripe. It's a tier 1 bowl, so it's nothing to be ashamed of.

I thought Sun was possible too? Or is that only if we lost?

Did NCST beating UNC in OT keep them alive? I don't think it's confirmed that the Camping World bowl has to take the highest ranked team by the CFP? I have seen a few things, but seems like the conclusion is it's not stated. The ACC may also require the highest ranked team to go as well. It will be interesting, but would be pretty disappointing if we get shafted for NCST.

Did NCST beating UNC in OT keep them alive? I don't think it's confirmed that the Camping World bowl has to take the highest ranked team by the CFP? I have seen a few things, but seems like the conclusion is it's not stated. The ACC may also require the highest ranked team to go as well. It will be interesting, but would be pretty disappointing if we get shafted for NCST.
It would be a slap in the face 01 gator bowl all over again

it still comes down to pitt/clem. Clemson winning leaves us and NC st. Neither team is going to send 10K to any bowl game. But we have the more dynamic team and coach and you have a solid shot that WV could be that team we play there..

Neither team is going to send 10K to any bowl game. QUOTE]
Not historically but if my phone in the last hour is any indication we could hit 10k. My group is at 40 and the game ended an hour ago

It would be a slap in the face 01 gator bowl all over again

The conference should ensure that the right thing happens. Shouldnt even be a question. 2001 Gator Bowl scenario was ridiculous. Pretty sure we were TWO games ahead of them in the BE, and we beat them head to head.

it still comes down to pitt/clem. Clemson winning leaves us and NC st. Neither team is going to send 10K to any bowl game. But we have the more dynamic team and coach and you have a solid shot that WV could be that team we play there..
How many times have we beat them head to head in a row?

You do realize that the headquarters for the ACC is in NC. I am afraid that we will get screwed out of the Camping World bowl,,,,

perhaps. but do we have 10K willing to spend 7-800 on last minute flights mid holiday?

if we do great, i hope some of the them come to the dome next yr

How many times have we beat them head to head in a row?

Three. 2010 at WVU, 2011 beatdown on a Friday night, 2012 beatdown in Pinstripe.

Part of the reason we "don't travel well" is because most of our fans don't buy the university packages to bowls. I think "in the stadium", we show up pretty well. It's just aftermarket seats, because you get better seats that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom