Worst Cuse Logo | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Worst Cuse Logo

Worst Cuse Logo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D, without question.

And I can't help it, I loved B. Mainly because I became an expert at drawing that logo in every blue book I got in middle school science class when I should have been paying attention to the teacher instead.

I can't stand the B logo.

Saw a company logo the other day that was identical, only in black and white. Made me chuckle.

I think my favorite of all time is an old school one that wasn't listed:

images

I like B. It's actually rather creative with the U in the middle so that it spells out SU. Only thing I didn't like about it was that it's sorta similar to Miami's logo.

U-Logo.jpg

The SU with the banner above isn't bad either. Just dated looking now. But if you tightened it up a bit, it would be a cool retro logo.

I thought this was a nice logo. Maybe wasn't minimal enough.
images

I'd vote SJ the worst, simply because...well, because people thought it said SJ.

The block S is fine, but too similar to all the other S schools.

state-logo.gif

michigan-state-university-quotsquot.jpg

stanfordlogo.jpg

(I work in design and probably talk more about design here than actual sports)

I can't stand the B logo.

Saw a company logo the other day that was identical, only in black and white. Made me chuckle.

I think my favorite of all time is an old school one that wasn't listed:

images

Agree with the old school logo. Loved it. Won't throw out a thread bare champion sweatshirt I have with it. Bought it in 1987, it's a mess but I keep it around anyway.

In regard to choice B, I remember the daily orange did some research and found the the spartan chemical company used a very similar logo at the time. Check it out. It was a running joke.
http://www.spartanchemical.com/

Mmmmm let me see......still have it on the car all these years.
Go Orange!

Oh yeah; D is the worse. really does look like St.Johns not SU

Mmmmm let me see......still have it on the car all these years.
Go Orange!
I believe when B came out, it was called out for its similarity to a logo of a company that sold bathroom supplies at the time.

I believe when B came out, it was called out for its similarity to a logo of a company that sold bathroom supplies at the time.

I understand that but for me I never made that connection. I can not recall when I got it but I know it was years after graduation and having moved out of New York. Maybe I missed all that talk and thus for me the logo was good. I always thought it was distinctive i.e. not a block S.
Go Orange !

I understand that but for me I never made that connection. I can not recall when I got it but I know it was years after graduation and having moved out of New York. Maybe I missed all that talk and thus for me the logo was good. I always thought it was distinctive i.e. not a block S.
Go Orange !
I was just calling out something that I didn't see mentioned on the thread. If you like it, you like it.

thumb.aspx

Have we ever used this logo? Hoping the old timers could tell me.. This is my personal favorite. I would love if we switched back to this one. It is unique and identifiable.

D.

None of the others would confuse us with St. John's. C may look goofy, but was trying to promote our sometimes unpopular Dome.

Our logo now is awesome.

Although no longer being confused with St John's, it can be difficult to determine if the current S is Syracuse, Michigan State or Stanford if viewed at a distant or with color issues.

thumb.aspx

Have we ever used this logo? Hoping the old timers could tell me.. This is my personal favorite. I would love if we switched back to this one. It is unique and identifiable.

I would like that too. It's a different S than other schools use.

D's the worst. B is second, just a weird shape. I actually like the idea of C, but the execution is lacking. A is cool, but probably a bit racist. The block S is just a really solid logo.

Although no longer being confused with St John's, it can be difficult to determine if the current S is Syracuse, Michigan State or Stanford if viewed at a distant or with color issues.

I'd prefer to leave the confusion with the color impaired, rather than have the only people understanding our logo being the spelling impaired.

Another thing we improved with the new logo is the correct shade of orange. SJ was dull and off. Horrible creative decision by Nike, but even worse that we signed off on it.

Came late and found I voted with the majority for the first time in my life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom