worst loss since GROB for sure. Flat out | Syracusefan.com

worst loss since GROB for sure. Flat out

Embarrassing, just glad Dungey will be in the NFL next year from what I have gathered around here.
I could not agree more. Can some please tell me why Dino appears to have scaled back the playbook and eliminated the crossing route to Phillips?

Last edited:
To add insult to injury, given SU scheduling nonsense, I believe we paid them $790,000 to come to our house.

The scheme isn't designed to win. It's designed to recruit and then win w/ those recruits and their accompanying talent advantage.

We should have hired a guy like him immediately after GRob, and then we should have hired a guy like HCDM after Dino, once we had talent on the roster.

We need to give the guy time to bring in players. Even if his system doesn't pan, he's still bringing in the best recruits that we've had in a long time, which is worth something in and of itself.

My fear is that Dino might be a fraud.

Come on man, at what point do we start looking internally and stop blaming yet another coach for the joke that the program has become. Dino has demonstrated he's a pretty good HC. We are just underfunded and over matched swimming in Waters we have no business swimming in. What next? Another new HC and in a couple years we will run him out of town

Come on man, at what point do we start looking internally and stop blaming yet another coach for the joke that the program has become. Dino has demonstrated he's a pretty good HC. We are just underfunded and over matched swimming in Waters we have no business swimming in. What next? Another new HC and in a couple years we will run him out of town

Bingo !!

the system will work once our offensive achilles heal gets better, Our offensive line in g5 talent wise

Embarrassing, just glad Dungey will be in the NFL next year from what I have gathered around here.
You seem to be forgetting the caveats about if he stays healthy and has a good year.

I know you mentioned it in another thread and it seems crazy to even consider but is there a point where the University says enough is enough with football? Half empty stadium, losing lots of games. They can't be making lots of money off it can they?

I know you mentioned it in another thread and it seems crazy to even consider but is there a point where the University says enough is enough with football? Half empty stadium, losing lots of games. They can't be making lots of money off it can they?

That will be the day we leave the ACC in basketball as well. They're not keeping us as a basketball only. We're not Norte Dame.

Underfunded? What? SU has an excellent practice facility and Fball complex, and the Dome will be rebuilt. What are you saying? Should we be bringing wheelbarrows full of cash when visiting recruits? Come on. The heat is on Dino to produce.

This is a year old, but they make a ton of money. Football is not going anywhere.
SU Athletics Has 2nd-Highest Profit Margin in ACC

Don't think they can unless they drop out of the ACC which they wont because ofbthe $$

Underfunded? What? SU has an excellent practice facility and Fball complex, and the Dome will be rebuilt. What are you saying? Should we be bringing wheelbarrows full of cash when visiting recruits? Come on. The heat is on Dino to produce.

When will the dome be rebuilt? I'm waiting. Our rebuilt facilities are just adequate at best. Hobart football has nicer locker room that Syracuse

I don't want another head coach. I want this head coach to be better. Replace your run game coordinator and for the love of God don't kick the damn ball on 4th and 1.

We are just so weak sauce right now. Outcoached badly, for the love of God Dungey looked so confused from the first play, blitz, really? Who would've thought? What exactly did Dino work on the entire week? The fans knew Shafer's D was coming but apparently the coaches didn't.

Then we have a perfect opportunity for a scoop and score and 3 D-1 lineman can't pick up the ball and run?? The Riley muff. Moe Neal doesn't belong in the backfield, EVER. Not only does he miss the pass protection, he can't even see where the blitz is coming from until Dungey is on the ground, are you kidding me? Can we have the freshman Ish back? He looks like a robot, Custis looks great besides he can't catch. That leaves us with one talented receiver in #3.

Physically, we don't even look like an ACC team. Gonna be a long year...again.

The scheme isn't designed to win. It's designed to recruit and then win w/ those recruits and their accompanying talent advantage.

We should have hired a guy like him immediately after GRob, and then we should have hired a guy like HCDM after Dino, once we had talent on the roster.

We need to give the guy time to bring in players. Even if his system doesn't pan, he's still bringing in the best recruits that we've had in a long time, which is worth something in and of itself.

Huh? Is this not the scheme he ran in the MAC? Because no one would implement a scheme in the MAC that is designed to need premium talent to win.

If this scheme is to throw the bubble pass 80% of the time they are doing it right. This offense is boring and really only about a dozen plays with a lot of different formations. Not one pass between the hash marks! Dungey is an average QB at best. His WR make him look better then he is when they actually catch the ball.

Huh? Is this not the scheme he ran in the MAC? Because no one would implement a scheme in the MAC that is designed to need premium talent to win.
That's not true, and talent advantages are relative. You don't need heisman winners on your team to win in the MAC.

this was not the worst lost, we lost a competitive game vs a bowl team last year, we played terribly should of probably lost by more with all the drops and inept play on offense and miscues on specials( muff punt, missed fg, long kr return against)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom