worst loss since GROB for sure. Flat out | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

worst loss since GROB for sure. Flat out

Babers has been backpedaling all preseason. This won't be a good year. I wasn't impressed in the first game. Looks like maybe a 3 win season to me. O line is bad. Wr's are bad. Running game is non-exsistant. D is mimproved. Hope I'm wrong.

What's somewhat depressing is that we have an opportunity to regain our old position as the #2 team in the northeast if Dino can get the train back on the rails quickly.

Rutgers is bad. Like 1989 bad, with a bad head coach in year 2 of a 5 year deal, and no money to cut him loose. They have a very high likelihood of a 1-11 season, with an outside shot at 0-12.

Temple looks "not good" after several years as an up and coming program. Took a 4Q comeback to beat Villanova yesterday.

BC is in uber-meathead mode under Adazzio, whose contract runs through 2020. They got waxed by Wake Forest yesterday, although Wake does have a 9th year starting qb.

UConn is stuck in a wasteland conference with no realistic hope of a lifeline. Took all they had to beat Holy Cross week 1. Hurricane Irma spared them from a shellacking yesterday.

Pitt is ahead of us right now, but not by much. They went to OT vs Youngstown State week 1. I'm not sold on Narduzzi especially since Canada left. They've also lost some offensive talent, their defense is still bad, and their recruiting hasn't been stellar (although better than ours until this year).

PSU is, well, PSU.

I know we don't play all of these teams, but we recruit against them in a limited northeastern talent pool. We really do have an opportunity to improve our position in northeast recruiting if Dino can become even a mid-pack ACC Coastal team by next season. Not sure that'll happen, but right now is the best opportunity we've had in quite some time to solidify our position in the NE.

Hate that I spent 4 hours watching that crap... No flow to the game. Review after review. Dropped passes.. Then I got a nice dessert last night: watching pixilated highlights on the local news of MTSU beating Cuse.:vomit:

What's somewhat depressing is that we have an opportunity to regain our old position as the #2 team in the northeast if Dino can get the train back on the rails quickly.

Rutgers is bad. Like 1989 bad, with a bad head coach in year 2 of a 5 year deal, and no money to cut him loose. They have a very high likelihood of a 1-11 season, with an outside shot at 0-12.

Temple looks "not good" after several years as an up and coming program. Took a 4Q comeback to beat Villanova yesterday.

BC is in uber-meathead mode under Adazzio, whose contract runs through 2020. They got waxed by Wake Forest yesterday, although Wake does have a 9th year starting qb.

UConn is stuck in a wasteland conference with no realistic hope of a lifeline. Took all they had to beat Holy Cross week 1. Hurricane Irma spared them from a shellacking yesterday.

Pitt is ahead of us right now, but not by much. They went to OT vs Youngstown State week 1. I'm not sold on Narduzzi especially since Canada left. They've also lost some offensive talent, their defense is still bad, and their recruiting hasn't been stellar (although better than ours until this year).

PSU is, well, PSU.

I know we don't play all of these teams, but we recruit against them in a limited northeastern talent pool. We really do have an opportunity to improve our position in northeast recruiting if Dino can become even a mid-pack ACC Coastal team by next season. Not sure that'll happen, but right now is the best opportunity we've had in quite some time to solidify our position in the NE.
I'd put Maryland in that mix, but yeah, outside of the abomination of a program that is PSU, nobody in the Northeast is really asserting themselves.

Syracuse was not favored by more than a touchdown in that game.

Oh right that's the clear indication of a bad loss, not the fact that we lost 56-0 or that we gave up 394 yards rushing OR that our offense barely got 200 yards OR our defense looked like they had never played the game of football. Yeah being favored by a touchdown is what should be the litmus test for "worst" loss since GRob.

Only loss to a non P5 or AAC team since Akron in 2008 and Miami Oh in 2007.

Going back to Mac's first year only losses outside of the group above was Army in '86, BYU in '02 and those two above.

Mac lost to Tulane in '90, Navy in '81 and '82, Temple in '81, '82 and '83

P lost to ECU in '91, '95 and '00, Temple in '02 and '04, Cinci in '00

Grob lost to UConn in '05, '07, and '08, USF all four years, Cinci all four years

Marrone lost to Uconn '09, '10, '11, USF '09 and '11, Cinci, '09, '11, '12.

you want fans in the seats ? win games. amazing correlation. honestly it's that simple.
Literally.

What average fan would want to spend 4 hours of their Saturday watching Syracuse lose to MTSU?

If this scheme is to throw the bubble pass 80% of the time they are doing it right. This offense is boring and really only about a dozen plays with a lot of different formations. Not one pass between the hash marks! Dungey is an average QB at best. His WR make him look better then he is when they actually catch the ball.
Agree with first part...maybe 2 passes went to short to deep middle...cannot understand our desire to just throw sidelines...also I think we are seeing the need for a better run game...somehow...I did like what 280 pound "Tank" Elmore did yesterday running and blocking.

I dont want to spend 4 hours of my saturday watching syracuse beat MTSU

Yeah, it's a long day. Game started at 3:30 and it was dark when it ended. And that's just watching on TV, for a game without all the big network TV timeouts. I want 12 minute quarters. These games are marathons.

Me.

Except ahead of time you don't know it's going to be a loss.

When I go to a game like MTSU I want to worry about how hoarse my voice will be from cheering and how sore the palm of my hand is from high fiving everyone around me. If I'm worrying in the back of my mind about losing to teams like MTSU and CMU we're going backwards as a program.

The attendance isn't going to crack 25k for the ho-hum games until the team is kicking ass and the show is worth the price of admission.

Me.

Except ahead of time you don't know it's going to be a loss.
Agree with that. I am in that boat as well... it's just if the team keeps continuing down this path there is going to be fewer and fewer of us.

I dont want to spend 4 hours of my saturday watching syracuse beat MTSU
that's kinda cold. what are you doing on an SU FOOTBALL board ? the winning is worth the watch.
i'll be the first to admit i've tuned out in the third quarter. but that was when the outcome was inevitable. (happens lately) but never once surrendered my seat at the dome until the final whistle.

Last edited:
It's high time to start spending a very large part of that 19MM+ Profit Margin on football. We have more revenue than Clempson and were on par with them years ago. Now they are light years ahead of us as they put their money to work.

They don't do much more with "their" money than we do.

that's kinda cold. what are you doing on an SU FOOTBALL board ? the winning is worth the watch.
i'll be the first to admit i've tuned out in the third quarter. but that was when the outcome was inevitable. (happens lately) but never once surrendered my seat at the dome until the final whistle.

4 hours is too long.

4 hours is too long.

To me, football games always took 3 hours. 4 hours is becoming more the norm, and it's definitely a long freakin day. These games just feel choppy, long, and with little flow more often than not.

I think our games will get better both in quality, in W's for us, and in how long they are once we can run the ball. The NCAA doing something about all these fake injuries would help too.

In a 4 hour timespan in the Dome, we can beat Coach K and Duke 2x.

Lots of empty seats out there outside of the insane schools.

Oh right that's the clear indication of a bad loss, not the fact that we lost 56-0 or that we gave up 394 yards rushing OR that our offense barely got 200 yards OR our defense looked like they had never played the game of football. Yeah being favored by a touchdown is what should be the litmus test for "worst" loss since GRob.
I think it is worse to lose a game you are supposed to win comfortably.

The Georgia Tech game was an abomination, but it was a game they were supposed to lose anyway.

It felt like an awful, soul sucking loss yesterday. The expectation of a win was high because everyone knew exactly what FHCSS's plan would be. Of course we would have a plan for that. And even MTSU looked like they were ready to lose with turnovers and body language that caused the announcers to comment that their O Line looked tanked in the second quarter.

Then to lose because our supposed strength (offense) couldn't execute basic skills ... that was a kick in the gut. To miss that final first down at the end because the receiver didn't have good enough awareness of the first down marker ... we deserved to lose and a number of players, with Ishmael at the top of the list, need a long hard look this week to tell if they really deserve as much playing time against CMU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom