WORST uniforms | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

WORST uniforms

I want to see pea green and pink. Imagine the publicity!
About 10 years ago, I remember when Oregon came out for a PAC10 game in silvery white unis with green angel wings on the shoulders with bright green shoes - I'm thinking that that is not a strong look. Then they rack up about 650 yds in offense (when we were getting 320 a game) and I thought - I like those unis.

About 10 years ago, I remember when Oregon came out for a PAC10 game in silvery white unis with green angel wings on the shoulders with bright green shoes - I'm thinking that that is not a strong look. Then they rack up about 650 yds in offense (when we were getting 320 a game) and I thought - I like those unis.
Your avatar color as the primary with pea green trim would be perfect! Shrader goes 18-18 for 250 and we spend the next offseason clamoring for more vomit-hued jersey combos.

Your avatar color as the primary with pea green trim would be perfect! Shrader goes 18-18 for 250 and we spend the next offseason clamoring for more vomit-hued jersey combos.
So, when I replied that you should get your own, I was joking, but now, I'm thinking that if you did get a uni and start wearing it to home games, you might be able to get a grassroots movement going as people will see you and wonder, "what's up with that guy"? Word will get out that those were once the colors of SU. Next thing you know, Otto's Army is calling for a pea-green out and voila, SUAD gets us an alternate throwback uniform when we host Clemson and Gameday next year.

So, when I replied that you should get your own, I was joking, but now, I'm thinking that if you did get a uni and start wearing it to home games, you might be able to get a grassroots movement going as people will see you and wonder, "what's up with that guy"? Word will get out that those were once the colors of SU. Next thing you know, Otto's Army is calling for a pea-green out and voila, SUAD gets us an alternate throwback uniform when we host Clemson and Gameday next year.
Right now I can only go to one game a year, two max. That may soon change, and this is some solid food for thought...

A Dull orange color with white helmets. Please not ever again, we looked like Tennesse
Reminded me of the 1974 Frank Maloney team.

Loved the players on that team, but a tough year.

Never play in white helmets.

Reminded me of the 1974 Frank Maloney team.

Loved the players on that team, but a tough year.

Never play in white helmets.
I think players in general like the white helmets. FSU introduced a white helmet this season and made a big deal about it.

The white helmet ruins the Florida State brand - just as the white helmet ruins the Syracuse Football brand.
I like the 80s-90s uniforms too, but I think there was some merit to not having both teams wearing orange helmets in the Clemson game in case Shrader had to make a quick decision when he saw an orange helmet. It's ok to have a little flexibility in life on occasion.

Just seems like no one cares about tradition.
I enjoy tradition. The tradition of coming on here and reading everyone's head explode over minor uniform things.

It could be worse...
185388908.0.jpg

I enjoy tradition. The tradition of coming on here and reading everyone's head explode over minor uniform things.

It could be worse...
View attachment 221566
Those were probably breast cancer awareness unis. The stuff is sold after the game as game-worn memorabilia (which usually fetches a pretty penny) and all the money goes to cancer research.

Tradition? We've worn these colors in the past. Seems like some people only acknowledge the 80s and 90s
Well I would say for some of us, I was born in 85, the 80s and 90s are what we grew up with and it was the last time we had sustained success. Good feelings will be tied to not only childhood memories but winning as well. I can't speak to Archbold and uniforms worn then. I know the dome and orange helmets my entire life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom