would love to have the last Min of the first half back | Syracusefan.com

would love to have the last Min of the first half back

upperdeck

Living Legend
loved the fake. Dixon the hurder was nice, but really time and place, should have just gone out of bounds and stopped the clock once the FD was made.. but i can live with that emotional effort o make the play.. it was the lost 20 secs after that , that really hurt. we had TO we wanted o save. so fine. we should have spiked it , ran our 2 best plays and then the FG.. instead we got one good play off.. we had the D on the ropes.. i would have been temped to call the TO and get 3 throws off..

Are you saying that Dixon should have gone out of bounds or Mahoney should have downed the ball when it was back in his hands?

Are you saying that Dixon should have gone out of bounds or Mahoney should have downed the ball when it was back in his hands?
both. once dixon didnt get OB then we need to spike it or call the TO. we got the next FD but then only had time for one try at the End zone

loved the fake. Dixon the hurder was nice, but really time and place, should have just gone out of bounds and stopped the clock once the FD was made.. but i can live with that emotional effort o make the play.. it was the lost 20 secs after that , that really hurt. we had TO we wanted o save. so fine. we should have spiked it , ran our 2 best plays and then the FG.. instead we got one good play off.. we had the D on the ropes.. i would have been temped to call the TO and get 3 throws off..
Would Riley have picked up the first down if he didn't hurdle that guy? Not sure.

i thought he was 5 yds past the FD when it happened. maybe not looking at the play by play 100 yds away my vision is not so good.

if not then thats fine he had to make it and he did. but after that we had control of the clock and didnt do it

Would Riley have picked up the first down if he didn't hurdle that guy? Not sure.
Agree. I don't think he would have gotten the first down without the hurdle. But I don't have it on DVR, so I could be wrong. But watching real-time, I thought he needed the jump.

yeah live i thought he gained 10.. the stats show 5 so the hurdle was a big deal i think to make it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom