Would you sign up for this?????? (Spike Albrecht) | Syracusefan.com

Would you sign up for this?????? (Spike Albrecht)

gilardino said:

Does SU have any other choices besides Mullins?

I don't think most of these transfers are waiting until to end of May to choose a school.

This new rule is great for players who want to test their worth, but it puts a burden on kids looking to transfer and programs trying to fill holes.

I don't think most of these transfers are waiting until to end of May to choose a school.

This new rule is great for players who want to test their worth, but it puts a burden on kids looking to transfer and programs trying to fill holes.

Which puts us in a really tight spot.

Nah. Hasn't played in awhile. Hip issues. Short.

Yes. He can shoot. Syracuse needs shooters. He could win a game with a hot half on his own.

If we can get Albricht bring him in and make him the 4th guard. If he wants more minutes go elsewhere.Mullins and Albricht would be great along with Dembele.

If he isn't healthy then pass but if he is and will commit then do it.

Should i feel bad that my immediate reaction was "nooooooo! Not that ****** from Michigan!"?

Not sure I could handle seeing him even on the bench. I would think of that horrible screw job of a game. Bad mojo..

If he's healthy I'd take him. If no other guard is going to commit I'd take him even if his health was questionable.....and hope for the best.

No. He's small (not good for the zone), and has been seriously injured. No thanks.
This is my feeling as well. I'd rather have Mullins. We need another guard even if Mali comes back.

Wow... I guess we take what we can get at this point. Not exactly the type of player I was hoping to get. Feels like we may be getting a bit desperate at this point!

He's not healthy and he's not going to be a difference maker for us. We need better players.

He's not healthy and he's not going to be a difference maker for us. We need better players.
Albrecht and the Columbia transfer are about as good as there is out there. Are people expecting true impact players to come to the rescue?

I don't think people realize how screwed we are with Malachi leaving. At least from a three-point shooting standpoint. If Albrecht is going public saying he's looking at Syracuse then obviously the coaching staff is interested in bringing him here and has already reached out to him.

Albrecht and the Columbia transfer are about as good as there is out there. Are people expecting true impact players to come to the rescue?

I don't think people realize how screwed we are with Malachi leaving. At least from a three-point shooting standpoint. If Albrecht is going public saying he's looking at Syracuse then obviously the coaching staff is interested in bringing him here and has already reached out to him.

No. Mullins is better than Albrect, and I'm not taking the sky is falling attitude because we've had guys leave before and still end up with a great team.

If Albrecht is going public saying he's looking at Syracuse then obviously the coaching staff is interested in bringing him here and has already reached out to him.

I think Albrecht is the one reaching out. I doubt our staff is interested in 5'7" guard. Short guards has not been what we've been playing the last few years. Mullins is a better fit if we get him at all. I would like to see Duval reclassify and be the primary PG.

I think Albrecht is the one reaching out. I doubt our staff is interested in 5'7" guard. Short guards has not been what we've been playing the last few years. Mullins is a better fit if we get him at all. I would like to see Duval reclassify and be the primary PG.
That would be really odd to tell a major news outlet that you're looking at a school that has absolutely no interest. But he is a college kid so it's possible I guess.

Oh, so now he's "leaving?"

Mullins is a much better "get" than Albrecht. Bigger size for the zone, plus as others have mentioned Albrecht is diminished by injury. If we lose Mullins and / or Richardson, then I'd consider taking Albrecht because we need guard depth for next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom