Would you sign up for this?????? (Spike Albrecht) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Would you sign up for this?????? (Spike Albrecht)

That would be really odd to tell a major news outlet that you're looking at a school that has absolutely no interest. But he is a college kid so it's possible I guess.

Yeah, I'm not sure how it works. But 5'7" makes me wonder. That has not been our recent MO.

He would only tie up a ship for one season right? Not like its the end of the world to have him for a season. I am worried about his health, size and fit to our system like others but as a 4th or 5th guard so be it. This may be more or less keeping our options open for a 4th guard if Mal stays in the draft. Getting Spike and another grad student like Mullins makes a lot of sense in that case.

Oh, so now he's "leaving?"
I'll clarify - "if Malachi leaves."

I'm not optimistic that Richardson won't be signing with an agent soon but that's beside the point.

Lydon would be the only legit three-point shooter next season, unless someone surprises.

It's easy for us to say we don't want him but if we don't land Mullins, our options are very limited. Things get even more interesting should we lose Mal.

Positives in getting Albrecht:
+ No lose situation (who else will take the ship - a walk-on probably)
+ We get the ship back at the end of next year
+ His body should be able to hold up well enough to have come off the bench periodically to sink a couple 3's and give Battle and company some rest.
+ Maybe we face Michigan in the NCAA tourney next year (should they make the tournament) and Albrecht hoists a three at the buzzer to win the game.
+ He will help remind those Cooney haters how good we had it with Trev (grass ain't always so green next door)

Albrecht is a walk on player at this point. He retired in December due to degenerative hips.

This is where the sanctions have hurt us IMO. If we had that extra scholly last summer, we probably sign Huerter from Shen who is a top 50 player in the 2016 class, and we would be set either way. Instead we have to scramble if Malachi leaves.

+ He will help remind those Cooney haters how good we had it with Trev (grass ain't always so green next door)

When scoop left I was thinking boy how I missed him on our team. When Triche left I was thinking man how I missed him on our team. I think this year's oh-man candidate will be G more than TC.

I don't think some people realize just how bad a fit Albrecht is. He's small, he's not athletic - made worse with the injuries, he can shoot when open but is going to struggle to get open, he's not a floor general or distributor, his name is Spike, his defense is lackluster. We'd be better off keeping Christian White on the roster and giving him 10 mpg.

I don't think some people realize just how bad a fit Albrecht is. He's small, he's not athletic - made worse with the injuries, he can shoot when open but is going to struggle to get open, he's not a floor general or distributor, his name is Spike, his defense is lackluster. We'd be better off keeping Christian White on the roster and giving him 10 mpg.

I have to admit, I am concerned with the fact that he struggles to get open, is not a floor general and his defense is lackluster. However, the deal breaker is his name, Spike.

What was I thinking? How could I root for a guy named Spike, especially with the good names that we currently have (and have had over the last few years).

Thanks for breaking it down for me, Brooky03. ;)

Lol

Interesting timing to announce Albrecht's interest. I'm thinking it may just be leverage to get Mullins (who is off visiting Cal) to sign.

Spike was the name of my first dog. I went as him for Halloween once. RIP Spike.

Not sure who the heck the people saying No think is coming down the pipeline if Mullins doesn't. Getting towards the point where it might be Mullins or an empty scholly for the year, if its the latter than Spike all day.

We don't have the kind of offense that can get a small kid open shots, and if his hip is still an issue, i can't imagine he'd be able to do more than Cooney has been doing to get himself free. The counter is that with Battle, a penetrator and probable difference-maker in creating for others, and a year-more-experienced Franklin, with even more minutes — those two guys could possibly create open shots. But, then, defensively...

Hope they can get enough predictive information from the medicals and we wouldn't be taking a risk on both the physical abilities and the team/scheme fit.

I thought I read that Mullins, after attending an Ivy League school for his undergraduate studies, was looking for a university with a top Business School.

SU isn't even close to being a top Business School (and I'm a graduate of it).

So It sounds like Mullins to SU is a pipe-dream.

I thought I read that Mullins, after attending an Ivy League school for his undergraduate studies, was looking for a university with a top Business School.

SU isn't even close to being a top Business School (and I'm a graduate of it).

So It sounds like Mullins to SU is a pipe-dream.

Maybe business is code for party

Albrecht isn't even sure if he is going to be medically cleared to play next year. If SU takes him, it will simply be for a practice player and some maturity in the locker room. Absolutely no other reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom