Would you sign up for this?????? (Spike Albrecht) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Would you sign up for this?????? (Spike Albrecht)

Townie72 said:
Good point. In Korean the phrase is "Mi-an-ham nida" I apologize.

It's all good.

Alsacs said:
JB has been on record saying he hates 5th year transfers. Thus, this is new to him closing the deal on these kids. On the regular recruits it is really late in the game to start recruiting kids from scratch,. I believe we will get Dembele. We will fill the roster out but these 5th year kids need their egos stroked and assurances. If we go into the season with 9 scholarship guys I will criticize the staff but in April I won't worry right now.

I agree.

I'm sure they'll fill out the roster.

But I'm the worrying type.

JB has created this monster.

We're now at the point where it's difficult to field a team of more than 8-9 players because he has such a short bench.

You have it backwards.

The length of our bench is a function of the quality of players on it.

JB plays everybody that can actually play and contribute.

At the end of the year, almost every team has the same 7-player short bench

Wake Forest has already brought in two quality transfers.

Duke will likely have a 13-man roster full of 4 and 5 star players.

North Carolina will have a deep roster of high level players.

Just some examples.

Everyone knows JB only plays 7 guys. That's why it's difficult.

Last edited:
JB has created this monster.

We're now at the point where it's difficult to field a team of more than 8-9 players because he has such a short bench.

Not seeing how that really matters though. We had 9 guys on scholarship when we won it all in 2003. We made the final four last year.

We have zero need for a big guy next year. Would it be nice to get a recruit that's good that could be the 6th big man for a year and then be ready as a soph? Sure. Not a big deal though.

It's okay to have a 8-man roster provided they're all quality players.

But it's playing with fire in the event of an injury.

We've been lucky.

And it makes it harder to conduct good practices.

Wake Forest has already brought in two quality transfers.

Duke will likely have a 13-man roster full of 4 and 5 star players.

North Carolina will have a deep roster of high level players.

Just some examples.

Everyone knows JB only plays 7 guys. That's why it's difficult.
Wake Forest doesn't even belong in the argument. They don't have a viable starting five to begin with.
Duke will seldom play more than 7 regardless of who is on the bench.
North Carolina has the same type of roster most years. They are one of the Very Few who play more than 7-8 deep.

realorange said:
Wake Forest doesn't even belong in the argument. They don't have a viable starting five to begin with. Duke will seldom play more than 7 regardless of who is on the bench. North Carolina has the same type of roster most years. They are one of the Very Few who play more than 7-8 deep.

Yet Duke manages to attract top level talent, many of whom will sit on the bench. And SU has trouble, it appears, lining up someone to be the ninth and 10th guy.

Hey, we'll see how it shakes out. Plenty of time. Wouldn't be so concerned if I knew Mali was coming back.

Yet Duke manages to attract top level talent, many of whom will sit on the bench. And SU has trouble, it appears, lining up someone to be the ninth and 10th guy.

Hey, we'll see how it shakes out. Plenty of time. Wouldn't be so concerned if I knew Mali was coming back.

If the rankings meant everything, Thornton would of been a better player than Lydon and wouldn't of transferred.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom