Wouldn't be surprised if we jump UConn on Monday | Syracusefan.com

Wouldn't be surprised if we jump UConn on Monday

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
They're really played poorly against some really unimpressive teams.

What does this have to do with Bernie Fine? Please try to stick to the purpose of this board.
Bernie fills out JB's coach's poll ;)

They're really played poorly against some really unimpressive teams.

It's possible, but margin of victory rarely matters in terms of college basketball polls.

Margin of victory was used against Syracuse as recently as last year. Sure, margin of victory matters...sometimes.

I refuse to acknowledge the team you are discussing exists until their school issues a formal apology for turning the NCAA Championship last year into the most boring/horrific two hours in televised sports history.

Margin of victory was used against Syracuse as recently as last year. Sure, margin of victory matters...sometimes.

When was it used against us? Not saying you're wrong, but please give an example.

I don't think we should use the words "Bernie" and "poll/pole" in the same sentence for awhile...
someone is on fire!

I'm
When was it used against us? Not saying you're wrong, but please give an example.

I'm recalling that during the winning streak between November 16 and November 30 last year -- when we won four consecutive games by margins of 10, 3, 3 and 4 points -- we took a step back in the polls. I don't recall SU getting much respect until we beat Michigan State in December.

Now I could be wrong, but that's my recollection. I do research all week long. I refuse to do it on Sunday, but welcome others to prove me wrong and I'll bow down to you.

I'm recalling that during the winning streak between November 16 and November 30 last year -- when we won four consecutive games by margins of 10, 3, 3 and 4 points -- we took a step back in the polls. I don't recall SU getting much respect until we beat Michigan State in December.

Now I could be wrong, but that's my recollection. I do research all week long. I refuse to do it on Sunday, but welcome others to prove me wrong and I'll bow down to you.

Just a 20-second search at sports-reference.com/cbb, no extensive research necessary. ;)

We started out #10 and steadily rose in the polls, peaking at #3 when we went on that 4-game losing streak. So in this instance, we were not affected by early season close-calls against lousy competition.

Are you at Maxwell right now? I was in the 07-08 MPA class.

This isn't college football where you get poll points for running up the score. All you need to do is win the game.

Just a 20-second search at sports-reference.com/cbb, no extensive research necessary. ;)

We started out #10 and steadily rose in the polls, peaking at #3 when we went on that 4-game losing streak. So in this instance, we were not affected by early season close-calls against lousy competition.

Are you at Maxwell right now? I was in the 07-08 MPA class.

No, I was at Maxwell in the 1970s. Yep, I've put a few years behind me. That's why I'm not so eager to spend any extra time researching on my weekends. That explains why my memory is sometimes a little foggy as well. Thanks for doing my research for me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom