wow, blow out city | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

wow, blow out city

Dom shouldn't play against his Old Team,FO's a Given,Clearing is a adventure who's scheme is that? 3 H's Horrible/Hype/and HorseS**T I quit watching (Which i have never done) in the 2nd period.How did the JUCO FO man end up? Sad display all around

Also, the rumors of Drew Jenkins' demise were greatly exaggerated. He played today.

Also, the rumors of Drew Jenkins' demise were greatly exaggerated. He played today.

Hes so overmatched size wise its laughable. However, as bad as Messina and Grimm looked he and Rockett might get more PT.

Clearly, though, this is a disjointed team right now. We should feel fortunate they beat Albany.

Dom shouldn't play against his Old Team,FO's a Given,Clearing is a adventure who's scheme is that? 3 H's Horrible/Hype/and HorseS**T I quit watching (Which i have never done) in the 2nd period.How did the JUCO FO man end up? Sad display all around

Worst game I have seen in a long long long time, I cant even remember the 07 season have a game as bad as we looked today.

when you know you're coming into the rain season with a leaky roof and fail to fix the shingle?...imo that's all on the landlord and not the roof.

Wow. Just got home - guess I won't bother watching the replay. Yikes - what a mess. :(

Now THAT'S bad. Ugh
The 2nd quarter might be the worst quarter that I've ever seen SU play. The only other game that stands out this way was a game against Hopkins (I believe) in the early/mid 80s. SU had great offensive players but SU never won a face off in that game. It was very frustrating to watch, much like today's game.

Moontan said:
The 2nd quarter might be the worst quarter that I've ever seen SU play. The only other game that stands out this way was a game against Hopkins (I believe) in the early/mid 80s. SU had great offensive players but SU never won a face off in that game. It was very frustrating to watch, much like today's game.

It's such an advantage to have someone who can cleanly win face offs and actually be a factor on offense once he wins the face off.

Daddio can do neither.

But I just watched the post game presser and it's clear that Desko and the coaches thought that Daddio had made changes in his technique that would make him more effective this season. Maybe so, and maybe it will make a difference against mediocre opponents, but when Daddio goes up against elite FO guys, as he did today, they're going to eat his lunch. Daddio looked pretty frustrated and down at the presser. A serious upgrade is needed there, not just tweaking some technique.

It's such an advantage to have someone who can cleanly win face offs and actually be a factor on offense once he wins the face off.

Daddio can do neither.

But I just watched the post game presser and it's clear that Desko and the coaches thought that Daddio had made changes in his technique that would make him more effective this season. Maybe so, and maybe it will make a difference against mediocre opponents, but when Daddio goes up against elite FO guys, as he did today, they're going to eat his lunch. Daddio looked pretty frustrated and down at the presser. A serious upgrade is needed there, not just tweaking some technique.

I think you nailed it about Daddio. He has made changes and against regular guys at the X he is serviceable even good but any upper level guys he is just outclassed big time. Desko and the staff have to realize we cant keep throwign that kid out there he just cant matchup with the Raffa's, Fowlers, Kennedy's etc.

I think you nailed it about Daddio. He has made changes and against regular guys at the X he is serviceable even good but any upper level guys he is just outclassed big time. Desko and the staff have to realize we cant keep throwign that kid out there he just cant matchup with the Raffa's, Fowlers, Kennedy's etc.
The question is, do we have anyone else to throw out there? If not, it's going to be a long season.

orange79 said:
The question is, do we have anyone else to throw out there? If not, it's going to be a long season.

I really don't think we do. Daddio will be serviceable against mediocre opponents, but he's going to take a beating against the elite FO guys. I bet Daddio is getting a decent scholarship as part of the 12.6 based on his production in high school. Just a thought.

I think we do. If healthy I think we need to give Iacono more run and see what Demarco can give us. I know the staff was pretty high on Paduda before he got hurt. Really wish we could see what he has but obviously hes still injured no idea if and when he will be able to go.

I think we do. If healthy I think we need to give Iacono more run and see what Demarco can give us. I know the staff was pretty high on Paduda before he got hurt. Really wish we could see what he has but obviously hes still injured no idea if and when he will be able to go.
Agreed we need to give Iacono more runs. I think he matches up better with the bigger/stronger guys in the ACC. But do agree with orange79 that if he or others don't pan out it will be a "long season".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom