wow, blow out city | Syracusefan.com

wow, blow out city

JeremyCuse said:
At some point Desko needs to either hold someone accountable or re-arrange the staff, 6 years since Brennan and we still dont have a faceoff guy this is beyond embarassing.

We're not winning another NC until we improve dramatically at the X. There are no answers on this team, it seems.

Daddio is getting bitch slapped.

This is like the Bryant game, there isnt even a scrum at this point, hes just winning them clean and sprinting down the field. I love Desko but at some point enough is enough he needs to bring a Faceoff coach either volunteer or paid the same crap is happening year after year.

At some point Desko needs to either hold someone accountable or re-arrange the staff, 6 years since Brennan and we still dont have a faceoff guy this is beyond embarassing.
Its unreal, why is it such a struggle? Every other team just grabs a wrestler and they turn into a 70% guy.

I think it's more than a faceoff coach. I can't believe they thought Daddio was the answer. Can't teach an old dog new tricks. If I knew that Daddio was going to be our FO guy this year, I would have expected these results. This may be a long season because we'll be at a disadvantage against a number of team at the X.

Its unreal, why is it such a struggle? Every other team just grabs a wrestler and they turn into a 70% guy.

Honestly Its a recruiting failure by Desko and the staff. After the Daddio/Buhr class they brought in two faceoff guys in 3 years one of whom transferred to Towson and Paduda wasn't a faceoff guy when he was brought in. Position hasnt been a priority to this offseason and even then they still went with Daddio despite three years of evidence that he gets owned by upper level guys time and time again.

I think it's more than a faceoff coach. I can't believe they thought Daddio was the answer. Can't teach an old dog new tricks. If I knew that Daddio was going to be our FO guy this year, I would have expected these results. This may be a long season because we'll be at a disadvantage against a number of team at the X.

Your last sentence is the main key here, with this X play were going to get rolled by Duke and JHU.

JeremyCuse said:
Honestly Its a recruiting failure by Desko and the staff. After the Daddio/Buhr class they brought in two faceoff guys in 3 years one of whom transferred to Towson and Paduda wasn't a faceoff guy when he was brought in. Position hasnt been a priority to this offseason and even then they still went with Daddio despite three years of evidence that he gets owned by upper level guys time and time again.

It needed to be a new guy there with a different skill set. I knew that. Everyone seemed to know that. Really disappointing. This team will win its share of games because of sheer talent, but they have absolutely no chance if winning a national title.

I'm suddenly less concerned about being able to watch all the games this season.

It needed to be a new guy there with a different skill set. I knew that. Everyone seemed to know that. Really disappointing. This team will win its share of games because of sheer talent, but they have absolutely no chance if winning a national title.

Its on the staff 100%, prior to last year the three guys at the X they brought in were Pequiney (transferred to Towson), Paduda (hurt and never really was a faceoff guy in high school) and Conroy (terrible technique no longer with the program). Thats why were struggling

This game is also why someone at SU should be held accountable for this schedule. Why the hell are we playing Albany, Maryland, and UVA back to back to back. UNC is playing Dartmouth, Duke is playing Upenn and UVA just played Richmond, Drexel and Rutgers today. Who the hell signed off on this schedule?

JeremyCuse said:
This game is also why someone at SU should be held accountable for this schedule. Why the hell are we playing Albany, Maryland, and UVA back to back to back. UNC is playing Dartmouth, Duke is playing Upenn and UVA just played Richmond, Drexel and Rutgers today. Who the hell signed off on this schedule?

Schedule is harsh, but it really doesn't matter. This team isn't beating anyone with a good faceoff guy.

That was the worst Sequence I have ever seen by a Syracuse lacrosse team. 21 drops a clean pass and turns it over for us, we get a penalty for 7 guys on the field. Wardwell gets his passed tipped and turns it over, Cannizaro misses a wide open net but then gets a goal on the quick re-start because Wardwell isnt paying attention.

JeremyCuse said:
That was the worst Sequence I have ever seen by a Syracuse lacrosse team. 21 drops a clean pass and turns it over for us, we get a penalty for 7 guys on the field. Wardwell gets his passed tipped and turns it over, Cannizaro misses a wide open net but then gets a goal on the quick re-start because Wardwell isnt paying attention.

This may be as poorly as I've seen an SU team play.

16-5, Maryland playing make it and take it, we havent scored in forever and have had the ball for maybe a minute the entire 3rd quarter.

We cant even pick up a ground ball, we look like a first year program out there

Desko looks lost out there, completely shell shocked.

Wentworth taking the draws at X, no idea if Paduda is still hurt or why we havent seen Demarco or more of Iacono.

JeremyCuse said:
Wentworth taking the draws at X, no idea if Paduda is still hurt or why we havent seen Demarco or more of Iacono.

If Wentworth is taking faceoffs, it's a good sign that they really don't have an answer at the X. They're just throwing bodies out there.

If Wentworth is taking faceoffs, it's a good sign that they really don't have an answer at the X. They're just throwing bodies out there.

Why not play Demarco, guy was dominant in High School, its not like were desperate or anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom