Wow, Buffalo at #14 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Wow, Buffalo at #14

ODU has BJ Stith, son of former NBA player Bryant Stith. BJ is a former top-100 recruit who transferred from Virginia after his freshman season. Looks like he has put up 20 or more points in each of his last 5 games.

I believe Bryant is an assistant at ODU, too.
When I first saw BJ Stith's name pop up I wondered if he was related to one of the Stith brothers that played at St Bonaventure back around 1960. I think the two brothers were Tom and Sam - not sure. Also think one of the brothers was an All American for St Bona. Seeing BJ is son of former NBA player, sounds like there could be a tie back to one of the brothers. Anyone know?

Its interesting, the script has been flipped so to speak with regards to this game. When it was scheduled originally we were probably more worried about this being a lose-lose scenario type game then what we are looking at now (gain little in the eyes of the Tournament Committee if we win, but if we lay an egg watch out). Now, with UB as the #14 team (or better depending on who loses this week) it could be argued that there is just as much pressure on UB to win as there is on us next week. UB plays at #21 Marquette right after us, then they get into MAC play which they should be able to dominate relatively speaking, id be surprised if they lose more than a game or two in conference play. If they do manage to beat us then UB shouldn't have any more than 3 or so loses come year end. With their wins that would make this a loss (worst case scenario) to a top 10 team which wont look bad in the eyes of the committee. If we win it will be a very nice out of conference win on our resume. LGO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom