Wow, Buffalo at #14 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wow, Buffalo at #14

If Buffalo continues to build a strong program, when can they demand a home-and-home series?

When the university that is Syracuse becomes a state school. ;)

I think for this year Buff is legit.

I do not like seeing another upstate team making inroads. SU has dominated the Rochester area market. SU doesn't want Buffalo to move in on that market.

Therefore even in Buff's fluke good 2 season run it's important for SU to keep them in their place.

Interesting. Siena has had some good teams over the years, and has had no affect on Syracuse. Either will Buffalo. If you are a top 150 recruit and you have the chance of playing in the MAC or the ACC, it's a no brainer. I doubt there's any need for concern right now. Maybe, if UB continues to have success, and we kind of fall off the face of the earth post JB...maybe then in that scenerio.

They upset West Virginia and have beaten the rest of their mid major schedule while the top teams have played and lost to much better teams.

They're pretenders and it's a joke. That hard fought win against San Francisco and the first half struggle against LeMoyne should tell you enough.

Cuse by 10.

They upset West Virginia and have beaten the rest of their mid major schedule while the top teams have played and lost to much better teams.

They're pretenders and it's a joke. That hard fought win against San Francisco and the first half struggle against LeMoyne should tell you enough.

Cuse by 10.
They return the same team that slapped Arizona and the #1 draft pick.

They return the same team that slapped Arizona and the #1 draft pick.
They pushed us around pretty good last year. We were fortunate to win.

I wonder if the SU players remember all the comments out of the UB locker room post game about Syracuse being soft and the better team not winning?

This one could be a very interesting game to watch. UB is going to play very physical and try to intimidate our players.

I wonder if the SU players remember all the comments out of the UB locker room post game about Syracuse being soft and the better team not winning?

This one could be a very interesting game to watch. UB is going to play very physical and try to intimidate our players.
I think SU wins by multiple possessions because, honestly, how could they not remember what happened last year? And if they somehow forget that, they arent forgetting losing to SBU. Hopefully the rankings have UB’s heads inflated and they let our guys find an early groove when we come out with an unexpected toughness

I think SU wins by multiple possessions because, honestly, how could they not remember what happened last year? And if they somehow forget that, they arent forgetting losing to SBU. Hopefully the rankings have UB’s heads inflated and they let our guys find an early groove when we come out with an unexpected toughness
I am very interested to see how this SU team handles the intensity and physical play of UB,

You can argue that the biggest weakness for SU this year is the lack of a big, tough inside player to pound bodies inside. I hope our guys come ready to play. I am sure this game has been circled on the UB calendars from the day it was announced.

I admit I know nothing about their roster. Know any intel?
ODU Men's Basketball - 2018-19 Roster
Season: 2018

SBWRELKDHFQURVF.20180921174405.jpg

Dajour Dickens

7'0" 215 lbs

Position: Forward

Year: So.

Hometown: Hampton, Virginia (Providence) (Bethel)

JDCYUDJEHCIDBMW.20180921174406.jpg

Kalu Ezikpe

6'7" 245 lbs

Year: Fr.

Hometown: Lawrenceville, Ga. (Discovery)

XTHUDRIMTDLRDJU.20180921175356.jpg

Xavier Green

6'6" 200 lbs

Position: Guard

Year: RSo.

Hometown: Williamsburg, Va. (Williamsburg Christian Academy)

IWCDMGGZTBEOZET.20180921174406.jpg

Elbert Robinson III

7'1" 285 lbs

Position: Center

Hometown: Lawrenceville, Va. (Virginia) (Oak Hill)

SoBeCuse,You asked for it. Some of their roster.

They are currently 7-3 with W's over Navy, Kennesaw St., Northern Iowa in a tournament in the V.I.'s, VCU, James Madison, William & Mary and Fairfeld.
All their wins are at home in Norfolk, VA and a neutral site, Paradise Jam in a tournament in the V.I.'s. Losses to St. Josephs, Oregon St. and Northern Iowa. Currently on a 5 game win streak. Biggest W vs James Madison by 15, biggest loss by 5 to Orgeon St. which was their first game at the Jam.

Two BIGS at 7'0 215 one 7'1” 285, 6'6" senior guard - overall a team with decent size.

Say what you will - they are no pushover. IMO, they are besides OhioSt and GTown the best we've faced so far. I think we will win but it is not an easy game for us. Hopefully we shoot well both halves and the team shoots well. GOSU

Personally I believe SU beats UB to the tune of say 77-71.

I think we come out with the edge we need and slow them down. Frank’s health/recovery will be essential. We need him 100%. I do not think Jalen, at this time’s, ready for the physicality of those guards.

Tyus, Elijah and Oshae can hold their own and Marek’s marek

Personally I believe SU beats UB to the tune of say 77-71.

I think we come out with the edge we need and slow them down. Frank’s health/recovery will be essential. We need him 100%. I do not think Jalen, at this time’s, ready for the physicality of those guards.

Tyus, Elijah and Oshae can hold their own and Marek’s marek
If the refs do their jobs, the physicality of their guards will be mitigated.

ODU Men's Basketball - 2018-19 Roster
Season: 2018

SBWRELKDHFQURVF.20180921174405.jpg

Dajour Dickens

7'0" 215 lbs

Year: So.

Hometown: Hampton, Virginia (Providence) (Bethel)

JDCYUDJEHCIDBMW.20180921174406.jpg

Kalu Ezikpe

6'7" 245 lbs

Year: Fr.

Hometown: Lawrenceville, Ga. (Discovery)

XTHUDRIMTDLRDJU.20180921175356.jpg

Xavier Green

6'6" 200 lbs

Position: Guard

Year: RSo.

Hometown: Williamsburg, Va. (Williamsburg Christian Academy)

IWCDMGGZTBEOZET.20180921174406.jpg

Elbert Robinson III

7'1" 285 lbs

Position: Center

Hometown: Lawrenceville, Va. (Virginia) (Oak Hill)

SoBeCuse,You asked for it. Some of their roster.

They are currently 7-3 with W's over Navy, Kennesaw St., Northern Iowa in a tournament in the V.I.'s, VCU, James Madison, William & Mary and Fairfeld.
All their wins are at home in Norfolk, VA and a neutral site, Paradise Jam in a tournament in the V.I.'s. Losses to St. Josephs, Oregon St. and Northern Iowa. Currently on a 5 game win streak. Biggest W vs James Madison by 15, biggest loss by 5 to Orgeon St. which was their first game at the Jam.

Two BIGS at 7'0 215 one 7'1” 285, 6'6" senior guard - overall a team with decent size.

Say what you will - they are no pushover. IMO, they are besides OhioSt and GTown the best we've faced so far. I think we will win but it is not an easy game for us. Hopefully we shoot well both halves and the team shoots well. GOSU

You forgot to list their two super center 7'6" and 7'10".

There’s a difference between physicality and fouling

Yep that nonsense as well as the UB plays dirty baloney was quelled after the game. I listed all the times in the game where Frank was stripped clean and the one time (ONE) he was actually bumped and fouled on all of those turnovers. The rest was just harassment by their guards all clean. Making him know they were there. Same thing they did to Arizona. Same thing they did to Kentucky much of the game until SGA took over late 2H.

There’s a difference between physicality and fouling

They hand check, but you get away with that in college cause the officials are atrocious. Just like officials don’t know charges they don’t know hand-checking.

Yep that nonsense as well as the UB plays dirty baloney was quelled after the game. I listed all the times in the game where Frank was stripped clean and the one time (ONE) he was actually bumped and fouled on all of those turnovers. The rest was just harassment by their guards all clean. Making him know they were there. Same thing they did to Arizona. Same thing they did to Kentucky much of the game until SGA took over late 2H.

OK...
so we play the Bulls in the Dome on Tuesday Dec.18. I am trying to take the stance of each game at a time but there has been so much information discussed about Buffalo I thought, hey, give it a chance - look at 'em and see what they've got...they've gotten better in their sports programs – they're going bowling as a 10 – 3 football team and as everyone knows they are 9-0 in basketball and ranked. Their biggest win was by 4 points at home vs. San Francisco. They do have shooters otherwise they wouldn't be winning by 19 points a game actually 18.8 over 9 games.
They play the S. Ill. Salukis the same Saturday we take on Old Dominion. So they will be 10 – 0, a division 1- A team, coming to the Dome three days later.
Tops for the MAC Bulls is CJ Massinburg averaging 17.5 PPG, .889FT, .479 FG. The team
is averaging .217 from 3PT land.
We beat them 81-74 last year. I say we win if Tyus, Oshae, and Hughes are having a good night otherwise it will be a tough game or not. GOSU

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Noble your quest is.

I don't consider sound defense as physicality. To me, physicality has always meant physical contact, which, unless you are boxing out, is a foul per the rules. Pitt always played physical under Jamie Dixon. Marquette always played physical under Buzz Williams. Georgetown played physical under John Thompson. Their MO was foul until they call them and then cut back a little. The problem is the refs let too much go.

Buffalo is legit. Gonna be a tough game.

Have same team from last year - don’t believe they lost anyone. And after beating Arizona last year, they have confidence.

Team’s been trending upwards for years now. This year got a Senior laden squad, but some talented underclassmen as well. Actually beat out SU for a recruit last year - Jeenathan Williams. (Though, honestly, not sure how hard SU was pushing for him.)

It’s the worst when your the “favorite” big name school playing the “underdog” team that people sleep on but is actually good. People expect you to win even though talent level is pretty close. And a loss sends people into hysterics.

Like wrestling a girl in high school. No win situation. You win, you beat a girl, congrats. You lose...hang up that singlet now.

Last edited:
Buffalo is legit. Gonna be a tough game.

Have same team from last year - don’t believe they lost anyone. And after beating Arizona last year, they have confidence.

Team’s been trending upwards for years now. This year got a Senior laden squad, but some talented underclassmen as well. Actually beat out SU for a recruit last year - Jeenathan Williams. (Though, honestly, not sure how hard SU was pushing for him.)

It’s the worst when your the “favorite” big name school playing the “underdog” team that people sleep on but is actually good. People expect you to win even though talent level is pretty close. And a loss sends people into hysterics.

Like wrestling a girl in high school. No win situation. You win, you beat a girl, congrats. You lose...hang up that singlet now.
They lost their top scorer from last year, but they are still legit if not better.

I feel like if they aren't aware of the quotes than the coaches need to be doing a better job. Very chippy last year, id hope we have it in the back of our minds to dominate them and shut them up. It was a tough physical game last year and I'm sure they will come out with a ton of energy, we need to be ready. Do I think they are the 14th best team in the nation? hell no but will I think they give us a game, yes for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom