Wow, do we have two '12 first rounders? | Syracusefan.com

Wow, do we have two '12 first rounders?

I really don't think Melo is NBA ready. Lightyears ahead of last year. But not there yet.

I really don't think Melo is NBA ready. Lightyears ahead of last year. But not there yet.

7 feet tall with crazy potential. Guarantee you a team like the Knicks would take him with their first rounder if hes still there.

7 feet tall with crazy potential. Guarantee you a team like the Knicks would take him with their first rounder if hes still there.

I'm not saying he can't/won't get drafted. I'm saying he's not ready to play in the NBA. Right now, I'd take Mason Plumlee or Zellar every day of the week.

...well then it would be three...best player on court was KJ

KJ is a great scorer, but I don't think he is a first rounder. He's a lousy perimeter defender at present, with way too much gambling. I guess we will see what happens when his knee heals, but I really question his ability to finish at the rim at a high rate in the NBA. Joseph has been finishing inside at a high rate this season, but it's all been below the rim and methodical. His "slashes to the rim" have been slow, winding, pirouettes, but he's done an excellent job using his body. He is a fantastic shooter with NBA body control: very good at getting to the line. If he can regain his explosion and show an improved handle/d, he could be a first rounder I suppose.

Dion and Melo look like middle class versions of Tyreke and Bynum.

...well then it would be three...best player on court was KJ

Joseph doesn't translate to the NBA. A Small 3 who doesn't have a very good 3 point shot (NBA 3 point shot) and can't create his own shot. He won't get all the inside buckets he gets.

Am I crazy? I think dip isn't in our top 5! Cj, cj, rc, bt, fm, dirty!, dion!

I think KJoseph is a good small forward prospect for the NBA. I bet most pro teams would expect his jumpshot to improve over time, and draft him on potential. He has good size, handle, athleticism, character. Only reason i think he drops some is if his knee still shows signs of lingering trouble

I think KJoseph is a good small forward prospect for the NBA. I bet most pro teams would expect his jumpshot to improve over time, and draft him on potential. He has good size, handle, athleticism, character. Only reason i think he drops some is if his knee still shows signs of lingering trouble

Character doesn't matter in the NBA, he'll be 24 by the draft. Potential isn't there, I don't know what you're seeing, he's not going to improve much before he hits the NBA peak (26-30) so he's only going to garner very late first to second round picks.

The plumlees are also seniors, Fab isn't, but it is a matter of time before he physically matures into his body, proably next season. The plumlees are gigantic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom