wow end of gtown-marq | Syracusefan.com

wow end of gtown-marq

upperdeck

Living Legend
once again the refs screw it up, ignore their own mistakes and mess up the ending of the game. clearly a violation on marq , yet they called one on gtown which i still dont see on replay. then they blow the whistle to stop the game with time left and over rule the whistle and end the game..

wow

once again the refs screw it up, ignore their own mistakes and mess up the ending of the game. clearly a violation on marq , yet they called one on gtown which i still dont see on replay. then they blow the whistle to stop the game with time left and over rule the whistle and end the game..

wow
What are you talking about? They did everything correct. The one ref waved his arms because he thought the ball didn't hit the rim, which would have made it GTown ball out of bounds with 1 second left. But the ball DID hit the rim, so it's not a violation on anyone, and the players went on like they didn't hear the whistle anyway. What's the problem?

that's just pathetic for two major D1 teams to not reach 50 points. send 'em to the b1g.

What are you talking about? They did everything correct. The one ref waved his arms because he thought the ball didn't hit the rim, which would have made it GTown ball out of bounds with 1 second left. But the ball DID hit the rim, so it's not a violation on anyone, and the players went on like they didn't hear the whistle anyway. What's the problem?

I think he's referring to the pump fake on the free throw, which resulted in a violation on Gtown giving Marquette another shot.

They did handle the last FT correctly, but I think it should have been a violation on Marquette.

Then everything is fine with the world.
Amen!

The next best thing to a Syracuse win is a G-town loss: any place, any time, against anyone.

Bwhahahahaha!!!

I LOOOAAAATHE G-Town!

three things. the FT violation was ignored. the one called on gtown was bogus and the refs clearly blew the whistle with half a second go. they should at a minimum have reviewed the play to make sure it hit the rim because if the one ref had been correct that would have really been a mistake. and the whistle blew you dont just ignore that and say the players kept playing.

wow
Pitt lost to Rutgers today as well, which is good news if you want SU seeded in Philly/DC for the NCAA tournament. Pitt is now 0-2 in Big East play. Can't believe they lost to such an awful Rutgers team. They, like Georgetown, are really struggling to score points.

Pitt lost to Rutgers today as well, which is good news if you want SU seeded in Philly/DC for the NCAA tournament. Pitt is now 0-2 in Big East play. Can't believe they lost to such an awful Rutgers team. They, like Georgetown, are really struggling to score points.
Pitt was overrated and didn't deserve that #24 ranking. Their best win all year was Detroit and their second best win is probably Lehigh.

Pitt was overrated and didn't deserve that #24 ranking. Their best win all year was Detroit and their second best win is probably Lehigh.

Pomeroy actually says Lehigh was a much better win than Detroit.

With 39.3 seconds remaining, Starks nearly tripped over Buzz Williams, who was on the court.

There should be a rule that any on-court contact, intentional or unintentional, between an opposing player and a coach/staff member is an automatic technical.

With 39.3 seconds remaining, Starks nearly tripped over Buzz Williams, who was on the court.

There should be a rule that any on-court contact, intentional or unintentional, between an opposing player and a coach/staff member is an automatic technical.

only loophole there would be that Buzz had called a timeout, so i believe it was technically after the whistle.

But during play, you're right, and i believe that is the rule.

LOL at Cincy losing to SJU. They are finding out it is much tougher with a target on your chest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom