Wow Georgia Dome | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wow Georgia Dome

It looks like the gateway to V-Ger in Star Trek The Motion Picture, not a football stadium. Will all the staff and vendors be wearing Starfleet uniforms? Will each fan get their own Uhura earpiece for a more personal game experience? Will they use tricorders for booth reviews?

eh, everything the govt does here is wasteful on an enormous scale. this is actually something tangible that brings enjoyment to folks and notoriety to the area. i take stupid spending as a given. if it can be funneled towards sports instead of a lot of other nonsense (since it ain't going to debt reduction, lower taxes or anything else that i'd actually like) i'll roll with it and focus on the upside.

It's been offered by others in this thread, but my first thought when I learned about this a few months ago was "Damn, MARTA would really benefit from that kind of investment."

Would they use it wisely? Maybe not. And it's easy for me to say, non-Fulton County resident and all.

But these sports organizations -- every level, we're seeing too much of this at the college level with the practice/training facilities race -- have to learn to operate within some reasonable bounds. The facilities race is unsustainable and it's difficult to see how this benefits the fans or the game itself.

It's been offered by others in this thread, but my first thought when I learned about this a few months ago was "Damn, MARTA would really benefit from that kind of investment."

Would they use it wisely? Maybe not. And it's easy for me to say, non-Fulton County resident and all.

But these sports organizations -- every level, we're seeing too much of this at the college level with the practice/training facilities race -- have to learn to operate within some reasonable bounds. The facilities race is unsustainable and it's difficult to see how this benefits the fans or the game itself.

MARTA is too worried about properly designating the proper color to their rail maps so as not offend various nationalities ... and no I am not joking.

It looks like the gateway to V-Ger in Star Trek The Motion Picture, not a football stadium. Will all the staff and vendors be wearing Starfleet uniforms? Will each fan get their own Uhura earpiece for a more personal game experience? Will they use tricorders for booth reviews?

If they could arrange a personal experience for me with Zoe Soldana I might just become a Falcons and Star Trek fan.

I like it. Looks like a lot of the new european football stadiums and the fact that it isn't in state taxpayer funded why not?

Seems like they have the right idea in design as well. Instead of making something "modern" they can construct something a bit more futuristic which will be unique and therefore should have more staying power vs the cookie cutter venues built through much of the 2000's. If they find a way to intigrate more self sustaining power (solar or whatever) all the better.

MARTA is too worried about properly designating the proper color to their rail maps so as not offend various nationalities ... and no I am not joking.

Yeah, I know. They're inept.

I like it. Looks like a lot of the new european football stadiums and the fact that it isn't in state taxpayer funded why not?

Seems like they have the right idea in design as well. Instead of making something "modern" they can construct something a bit more futuristic which will be unique and therefore should have more staying power vs the cookie cutter venues built through much of the 2000's. If they find a way to intigrate more self sustaining power (solar or whatever) all the better.

Putting aside my fundamental disagreement with the decision to build, that's a sweet exterior. Our stadium/arena architecture is so poor compared to what's going on in the rest of the world (and what's going on here with other types of construction). Good to see a bold design for once.

Now hopefully no one in the Falcons organization does what Bruce Ratner did with Barclays and destroys a good thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom