Wow Glennon selected over Ryan. | Syracusefan.com

Wow Glennon selected over Ryan.

Starting to get brutally honest up in here...

He may just end up in the 4th round. I feel bad for the dude.

glennon is terrible. nassib is better. some tough games against rutgers sway tb?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

What! I will say it, is this Dougie effect?
When your own college coach passes on you...

Before the hype machine kicked into gear, Ryan was a 3rd to 4th round pick. Now that the hype machine is gone, it appears Ryan will be a 3rd to 4th round pick...

GMs are crazy. how can anyone prefer Glennom to barkley

NFL GMs get a knot in their pants for strong armed QBs...
Glennon has a cannon, Barkley has a Glock 9mm...

if this was 5-10 years ago people would have been wondering if Ryan gets drafted at all.. Still dont understand what part of his game makes people think he was ever a 1-2 rd pick. not athletic, struggles with touch, struggles with the deep ball, doesnt really move well , not great size. had a nice Sr year probably better than his talent level would suggest.

Glennon is terrible. A QB that'd go possibly 5th or 6th round in a normal quarterback field draft...

Poor Ryan. What's wrong here?

Ryan may not be a stud right now, but the kid has the IQ, work ethic, and UNDOUBTABLE potential. I hope he gets drafted to a good team and has 2 or 3 years to learn behind a great QB...come in and shock em all.

if this was 5-10 years ago people would have been wondering if Ryan gets drafted at all.. Still dont understand what part of his game makes people think he was ever a 1-2 rd pick. not athletic, struggles with touch, struggles with the deep ball, doesnt really move well , not great size. had a nice Sr year probably better than his talent level would suggest.

The truth lies somewhere in between, as usual. He's not a borderline draftee. He was hyped up, probably more than deserved, due to the underwhelming nature of the QBs in this draft. He has good NFL attributes, good size, good arm, great field awareness and the ability to handle a playbook. It's unfortunate that there was an excessive amount of media hype around him possibly going in the 1st round, some saying top 10. This hype only existed because the simple connection was, "hey his college coach is in Buffalo, they must want to draft him"

His ceiling in the NFL is probably as a backup QB, who could be a solid contributor in the right situations. Now he won't have the 1st or 2nd (or 3rd?) round expectations thrust on him at the start of his career.

NFL GMs get a knot in their pants for strong armed QBs...
Glennon has a cannon, Barkley has a Glock 9mm...

Ryan Leaf had a cannon...and he was bigger and stronger than Peyton Manning. That worked out well for the GM that drafted him.

NFL Draft = High Priced Clown Show

Ryan Leaf had a cannon...and he was bigger and stronger than Peyton Manning. That worked out well for the GM that drafted him.

NFL Draft = High Priced Clown Show
Exactly right... That's why you have a lot of FORMER NFL GMs around...:)

Glennon's upside is far greater than Nassib's. He could potentially be an elite QB (but I don't think he'll become that).

Glennon's upside is far greater than Nassib's. He could potentially be an elite QB (but I don't think he'll become that).

Reminds me of Weeden.

You see Glennon? Weakkk makes middle school mistakes.

Reminds me of Weeden.

You see Glennon? Weakkk makes middle school mistakes.

Eh, reminds me more of Brock Osweiler if we're comparing him to someone from last year's draft.

Man. You remember when Matt Barkley went back to USC when he was expected to be the #1 pick in the draft? Never thought I'd ever see someone fall THIS far be returning to school. Especially someone with Barkley's popularity

Thats the scary thing for nassib. Its the 4th round and he still has to compete against barkley for a spot. 5th round isnt totally out of the question.

I liked Ryan and loved him here but I was shocked, really shocked to see him on a couple draft boards at #8. I agree with your observations, but late in the season he displayed a knack of starting out cold then locking in and when he got in a rhythm he was great.

He's the smartest QB in this draft. Did more with less than anyone in this draft.

I think he's better than Barkley, Geno and Glennon. But we'll see. He'll get a shot.

Spot on. Ryan was a product of the system he is not a good QB second string possible NFL starting QB i just dont see it. Ryan is a good leader and smart which should make for a good run in the league but he will never carry a team

Spot on. Ryan was a product of the system he is not a good QB second string possible NFL starting QB i just dont see it. Ryan is a good leader and smart which should make for a good run in the league but he will never carry a team

That's a lot of definitive opinions and "nevers" - you must be in the know.

Unlike Gruden. That guys a bum.

You don't even become a 2nd string NFL QB if you are not a good QB.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Well, Jon Grudan disagrees with you. So does Ron Jaws. But what do they know?

Well, Jon Grudan disagrees with you. So does Ron Jaws. But what do they know?

To that point, I gotta wonder if ESPN isn't working with Jaws and Gruden to "massage" their opinions about some of these players. I mean, Gruden made it sound like he would have taken Ryan #1 overall if he were still coaching.

The world knew this was a weak QB draft. But through the art of creative editing, they were able to hype the entire class into first round picks. Seeing Ryan and Barkley slide down to the 4th round doesn't do their credibility any favors.

Also - a product of the system? You mean the one modeled on the Saints and Drew Brees, the west coast offense, and the read option that a lot of NFL coaches love? Or the hurry up that's becoming popular in the league?

He can digest a lot of information vet quickly - on an elite level. We will see if that makes up for some of his negatives.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom