Wow! | Syracusefan.com

Wow!

Man too bad this wasn't next year with Wiggins. I have some friends that are Cavs fans and they want a SF, but hard to imagine they go anyone but Noel here, even though SF is a more pressing need.

Irving, Waiters, Lebron, Noel, any other player in the NBA is going to be a 75 win team

Lebron can opt out after next season...this is happening! David stern is no fool

Honestly if I were a Cavs fan I'd be a little bit pissed, because the best two scenarios for them would have either been:

1) Get Otto Porter this year

or

2) Land the #1 pick next year and get Wiggins

However, while I don't think Noel will be a huge impact player, he's just good enough, along with the progression of guys like Waiters, Irving, Zeller, Thompson, etc, that there's basically no chance they get the #1 pick next year so they'll be missing out on the two best SF prospects this year and next. Now, I take it back if they somehow do land the top pick next year, because Irving, Waiters, Wiggins, Thompson/Zeller, Noel has the potential to be one hell of a lineup, but the odds of that are slim to none unless Stern decides to rig things again.

I hear around here that they are more interested in Len than Noel. I wouldn't take Noel even in the lottery. He's 206 lbs, lol. Probably is wise to trade town.

Porter is probably the safest pick and I do like him for the Cavs. What happens if it's McLemore? They do like him. Dion becomes a sparkplug off the bench? Maybe not a bad thing.

They should take Porter anyway. Noel has never been a "lock" for #1. They don't have to take him.

But agree with others, if they can pull off trading down to where they can still get Porter, they should do that.

Chad Ford just retweeted someone reporting that the Cavs will indeed be entertaining offers for the #1 pick.

Yep. Think it was Brian Windhorst, a guy who knows them well.

Dan Gilbert just rubs me the wrong way - he looks like he would play the villain in a children's movie.

I want to punch him in his suckhole for some reason

So, who do you see wanting to trade up to #1? I don't see anybody... unless the Cavs are willing to eat a really bad contract.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Honestly I think this is a draft where publicly people will be all "darn we didn't get the #1 pick!" but inwardly the GMs are thrilled because they know Noel isn't worth a top pick, but they don't want to be second guessed for taking a Porter or Burke so they can relax and grab those guys at 4 or 5.

Be fun if Howard decided to sign there and Melo opted out of his contract the next year to play in Cleveland and Noel is healthy in his 2nd year. An SU fan can dream can't he :)

Be fun if Howard decided to sign there and Melo opted out of his contract the next year to play in Cleveland and Noel is healthy in his 2nd year. An SU fan can dream can't he :)
No.

So, who do you see wanting to trade up to #1? I don't see anybody... unless the Cavs are willing to eat a really bad contract.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Charlotte . . . who can then let Noel sit the whole year and tank for Wiggins

What happens if it's McLemore? They do like him. Dion becomes a sparkplug off the bench? Maybe not a bad thing.
or Oladipo, who looks like he can defend all three perimeter positions and would be the perfect guy in a 3 guard lineup - have him on the floor with either Dion or Kyrie to pick up the slack for their defense

I heard some front office type on the radio last week that said they had Noel 10th on their board. I wouldn't even consider taking him #1. Only way I see a trade is if someone wants to trade up for McLemore. If they can't trade then take Porter he's the best fit for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseAlum07

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom