wow | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

wow

only jb doesn't play Roberson and Patterson. with calipari they might have been one and done. bj, though talented wasn't ready
Patterson would be one and done. hahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahhahahahahah

I'll take it one step further--I believe that BJ will end up being this year's high scoring super-sub, and could easily approach double figures. I think he'll provide comparable contributions to what KJ delivered as a sophomore. Scoring, rebounding, athleticism in the open floor, and a complimentary three point marksman.

Just my gut feeling, but I'd be shocked if he isn't playing something close to starter's minutes, like other super subs KJ / Scoop / Southerlad / Dion / before him.

YES! If this happens the team will be very successful IMHO.

I concur. With or without Coleman, I don't see how JB can get away with playing less than 8. I'd always like to see a longer rotation but that rarely happens, meaning Patterson is most likely to get squeezed. Unless someone really emerges at the 2, I'd like to see Patterson get a shot at some minutes, but I'm not confident that he would even if Cooney/Gbinije struggle to provide consistent perimeter shooting. The team needs a better rotation dynamic than last year, where 5 guys were manning 4 positions, that would end in disaster again if the rotation were to play out that way. My preference would be to see something like this

Player MPG
Christmas 28
Obokoh 10
McCullough 28
Roberson 27
Johnson 19
Gbinije 21
Cooney 24
Patterson 15
Joseph 28

Cooney and Joseph will play at least 62 minutes combined or it will be a bubble watch type year. IMO.

don't get your hopes up . . . it'll be a 6.5 man rotation by the meat of the conference schedule. Silent G can be both the third guard and the third forward; Chino will be the .5 because he'll only play meaningful minutes in games when Roc is in foul trouble.

it's a pretty simple formula - play your best kids and you can win about a thousand games.

don't get your hopes up . . . it'll be a 6.5 man rotation by the meat of the conference schedule. Silent G can be both the third guard and the third forward; Chino will be the .5 because he'll only play meaningful minutes in games when Roc is in foul trouble.

it's a pretty simple formula - play your best kids and you can win about a thousand games.

I think BJ gets into the rotation as well.

my favorite time of year because college bball is about to start. this is the most unknown mix of players I can remember. I think this is going to be a physically bigger and stronger team than we're used to. coleman is a bonus, but not necessary to success. rak is an emerging star, but refs can take centers out of the game. I think our long range success is largely in the hands of joseph. yes he's talented and strong, but we need him to get it. less for him means more for the team. when he breaks away will he turn and feed mc cullough and Roberson for monster jams or will he do his interpretation of the okc point guard. jb needs to modify his style also. that is play them all. play hard then rest not only against cupcakes but duke too. look for jb to include mike more than he ever has. good luck; let's go orange.

I would love to be wrong on this, but I just don't see it. I think Rak is a good kid, but is an average college big man in every sense of the word.

I would love to be wrong on this, but I just don't see it. I think Rak is a good kid, but is an average college big man in every sense of the word.
he starts the season as the best defensive center in the ACC, and that's a good foundation. Pick up his offensive rebounding a little bit and stay on the floor for an additional 5 minutes per game and he's golden for JB's system

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom