Class of 2019 - WR Courtney Jackson (PA) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 WR Courtney Jackson (PA) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

He seems to catch the ball really well using his hands not his body. He’s not a small fast guy that has to learn how to play receiver.

Great kid to kickoff our class! Every other recruit who watches his highlight will want to play with him.

Welcome to the Cuse Courtney !

+15-20 lbs with the same numbers next year, I wouldn’t be surprised if Penn State didn’t try to flip him. Just saying!

Gateway wide receiver makes his early choice Syracuse
Written by: Billy Splain on Friday, April 27th, 2018

In 2017, Gateway receiver Courtney Jackson had 96 catches for over 1,900 yards and a whole lot of trips to the endzone. That earned him the attention of many D1 schools including Howard, RMU, St. Francis, Akron, Toledo, Bowling Green, Eastern Michigan, Temple, Eastern Kentucky, Memphis, Baylor, West Virginia, Kent St, Kentucky, Boston College and Northwestern.

But in the end it was a trip to Syracuse that sealed the deal for the talented wideout, who announced his commitment to the Orangemen via twitter Friday night:

When asked why he chose Syracuse, Jackson said “Cuse left a different impact on me compared to others. Many schools were good but Syracuse was different”. His Head Coach, Don Noll, says Courtney is “an outstanding student, a breathtaking play maker, and possibly best of all, one of the finest people you will ever meet. He is a credit to his family, our school, program and community.”

The Gators fell to Archbishop Wood in the 5A state championship game, and that left Jackson feeling like he wanted to concentrate on a return trip to Hershey: “I did want to commit before next season so I can just focus on school and football.” Things won’t change much when he gets to Syracuse, “I am predicted to play slot receiver there”. “My biggest influence in my commitment was the academics and the coaching staff.”

Final thought from coach Noll? ” I can’t wait to see him represent Gateway at the next level!”

This is a good fit. He doesnt have an SU offer because he skipped that and got the orange, baylor, wvu offers instead

Pretty solid first commit. From a regional kid with solid offers and in a rival team’s backyard. Also from a great football school we hope to establish a pipeline with. He’s speedy and will do great in Dino’s offense.

His commitment to Syracuse was influenced by a visit to the campus and football facilities in late March.

“The coaching staff treated me right, and I really loved the campus,” Jackson said. “It definitely was a blessing to have options with some really great schools. But it was the right time. There wasn’t any reason to wait.”

Jackson was recruited by several Division I programs as other offers came in from the likes of Baylor, West Virginia, Kentucky, Boston College, Cincinnati and Temple, a number of Mid-American conference schools and the service academies.

“Courtney had a lot of options and opportunities, and at the end of the day, from talking to Courtney and a couple of the Syracuse coaches, it was a perfect marriage,” Gateway football coach Don Holl said.

“Our offense is similar to what they do. He should fit into their plans really well. It’s ACC football and a program on the rise.”

Jackson led the entire state of Pennsylvania in receiving touchdowns in 2017 with 24.

He caught 15 passes for 264 yards and three touchdowns in Gateway’s 31-28 victory over Manheim Central in the PIAA Class 5A semifinals.

“Courtney is a phenomenal player, a tremendous student and a great person,” Holl said. “He still has a lot to do before we send him up (to Syracuse).”

Dear Courtney,

upload_2018-4-29_8-43-41.jpeg

First commita get me all proud and emotional