Class of 2020 - WR Damien Alford (CN/FL) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/8/2019) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 WR Damien Alford (CN/FL) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/8/2019)

Huge, both literally and figuratively. 700 yards and 12 TDs in Florida and you can just throw it up to him when he’s covered. He might get PT as a true freshman.

Highlights -
Definitely four games

canadian flaggiphy.gif

I get the feeling that his decision to reclassify to '20 may have led to some of the bigger name schools to start to cool on him. Dont get me wrong I really like his upside, and will absolutely take more of these situations, but had he remained in '21 we may have seen the bigger schools be more of a factor.

You know, I think closing out the season 2 and 1 was big in a case like this. I know we've been involved for a long time and it's not like this all happened overnight. But winning 2 of the last 3 lets the program put recruits at ease that the train is on the tracks. The staff can acknowledge that we didn't have the season we wanted, but we figured out what was wrong, fixed it, and saw better results and the future is still very bright.

I get the feeling that his decision to reclassify to '20 may have led to some of the bigger name schools to start to cool on him. Dont get me wrong I really like his upside, and will absolutely take more of these situations, but had he remained in '21 we may have seen the bigger schools be more of a factor.
15 P-5 offers, including: Florida, Oklahoma, FSU, Miami, Ped State, GA Tech, WVU, Tennessee ...
OK, Clemson, tO$U and Alabama were missing... but the existing offers aren't exactly shlit.

He picked SU over UVA in his only official visits. Methinks he was looking for playing time in an interesting offense. He chose wisely...

15 P-5 offers, including: Florida, Oklahoma, FSU, Miami, Ped State, GA Tech, WVU, Tennessee ...
OK, Clemson, tO$U and Alabama were missing... but the existing offers aren't exactly shlit.

He picked SU over UVA in his only official visits. Methinks he was looking for playing time in an interesting offense. He chose wisely...

Also has a scheduled Kentucky OV next weekend which I assume he’ll cancel.
Nebraska offered him on November11.

This is incredible. Between him and Latarie these are 2 massive recruiting wins with offers that are crazy. Swag daddy is clutch
Honestly if I’m an assistant not named Monroe I’d feel guilty collecting a paycheck while he does all the heavy lifting.