Class of 2021 - WR Devaughn Cooper (CA) PWO Transfer from Arizona / UTEP | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 WR Devaughn Cooper (CA) PWO Transfer from Arizona / UTEP

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 things:
1. Looking at his stats over the years he has played at Arizona and UTEP, I will be surprised if he contributes as a WR. If he does it will tell me a lot about the current WRs on roster.
2. The picture on the tweet: his hand placement is off. HIs eyes are upwards both hands are down. At least his right hand is up higher, but his left hand is facing upward at his mid-section on a ball above his eyes. Either that ball has no velocity and is going to drop like a sinker or his hands are way off. Either way, the hands should be making a triangle, not in opposite directions.
1. Because we are so superior of a program to Arizona and UTEP that a player playing there could not possibly play here? keep in mind he had some injuries that apparently set him back as well.
2. You are kidding right? His left arm is being held down so no his hand isn't in the right position. He is probably bring his hands up to catch it at that moment. Over analyzing that pic a bit don't you think?

1. Because we are so superior of a program to Arizona and UTEP that a player playing there could not possibly play here? keep in mind he had some injuries that apparently set him back as well.
2. You are kidding right? His left arm is being held down so no his hand isn't in the right position. He is probably bring his hands up to catch it at that moment. Over analyzing that pic a bit don't you think?
Didn't say he couldn't play here. Yup he had injuries. He also had very little production. So, like I said, if he does play significant WR role then that says a lot about current WR situation.

No I am not overanalyzing the picture. Yes, the defender has ahold of his arm, at the bicep, not his wrist/forearm. His hands should be working together, they are not.

I get it, one picture does not tell everything about him. I apologize I will go back to not posting.

Platoon depth, and an experienced guy who has played in collegiate games.

We only have two proven commodities at WR. While I expect a few of the younger guys to ascend into bigger roles, it would be nice to have an experienced guy like Cooper contribute as a 5th, 6th option type of guy in the depth chart.

If he does that, it will be a solid pickup. Zero risk, since it didn't tie up a scholarship.
Oh yeah. There's value in all that. Im not questioning him being on the team. Im just happy he is healthy enough for a team to take a chance on him. He's had 2 season ending injuries. Dont think its fair to expect a lot out of him. Whatever we get is great. Even if its not much.

Didn't say he couldn't play here. Yup he had injuries. He also had very little production. So, like I said, if he does play significant WR role then that says a lot about current WR situation.

No I am not overanalyzing the picture. Yes, the defender has ahold of his arm, at the bicep, not his wrist/forearm. His hands should be working together, they are not.

I get it, one picture does not tell everything about him. I apologize I will go back to not posting.
Please keep posting. Everyone is entitled to their opinion

I remember watching a lot of Riley and Cooper’s tape years ago. Back then this kid could explode. No real risk here for SU. Amba and Triston struggled before getting here. This is a long shot but why not. I am interested.

And if he flops -- no harm to SU, no scholarship occupied, etc.

Zero risk. Might be low ceiling, but probably a reasonably high floor, given that he's played college football for a couple of years.

And if he flops -- no harm to SU, no scholarship occupied, etc.

Zero risk. Might be low ceiling, but probably a reasonably high floor, given that he's played college football for a couple of years.
Still need good players for the scout team

No risk bringing in experienced guys and not eating up scholarships… I’m actually surprised we’re not giving them some given the fact that I think we have them to spare.

Keep building.

good get, I remember this kid when he visited with Riley. he has a traditional redshirt year, a medical redshirt year and a Covid freebie, there's your 7 years, crazy!
I am wonder if my son will get a medical redshirt for this year, as he won’t be released from PT until the end of September. RS year, then Covid, now injury. Maybe he can become a Dr. playing college soccer?

Status
Not open for further replies.