Class of 2020 - WR Diante Vines (CT) Verbal to Iowa | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 WR Diante Vines (CT) Verbal to Iowa

Pay article. So maybe someone else has to make up their mind first?

IOWA CITY, Iowa – Moving halfway across the country for college can be intimidating. So, it’s nice receiving advice from someone who has made the jump.

That happened for Diante Vines this weekend during his Iowa official visit. The wideout from Watertown (CT) Taft School was hosted by Hawkeye junior Ihmir Smith-Marsette, who arrived here from New Jersey.

“He was a great guy. He gave me a lot of advice and was a straight-up dude,” Vines told HN. “I relate to him a lot because we have similar backgrounds. Watching some of his highlights, he’s a great player and a great guy.”

The Hawkeyes extended a scholarship offer to Vines (6-1, 190) last month. He told HN at the time that the opportunity brought tears of joy to his mother.

Vines and his mother felt more love from Iowa this weekend.

“I liked the family environment that I got from the staff, team and recruits. It truly felt like like home with how comforting it was. And the facilities were just beautiful,” Vines said.

Vines left town without committing, but a decision might not be far off.

“I want to officially visit Syracuse. I also want to make a decision in July,” he said.

The Orangemen played host to him on an unofficial visit last week. He reported an offer from them along with Boston College, Army, Navy and others.

Iowa assistants Ken O’Keefe and Kelton Copeland, the receivers coach, have been leading the program’s recruitment of Vines.

“I spent the most time (during the official) with coach Copeland. He’s a great man. He’s definitely one of the most straight-up men I have ever met in my life. There was no beating around the bush or anything. He’s the real deal, and I have plenty of respect for him,” he said.

The Hawkeyes expressed to Vines that he would mesh well with the program.

“The coaching staff felt like I’d be a great fit for Iowa because I’m a man with a head on my shoulders. They enjoy me as a person off, and I like that a lot. Being a good on the field is cool to build a relationship, but knowing they like me off the field means even more,” he said

“They see me as a great impact player. They see me being able to get the ball in space and making big-time plays. We went through a lot of film, and they showed me where I’d be and how I’d get the ball in different ways.”

Vines wants to be a Dermatologist, so he’s seeking a Pre-Med Major with a focus on Biology.

Last season, Vines caught 51 passes for 602 yards and 12 touchdowns in eight games. He added 181 kick-return yards with a score.

Rivals and 247 rank Vines as a three-star prospect. The latter sees him as the No. 11 player in his state for ’20.

IOWA CITY, Iowa – Moving halfway across the country for college can be intimidating. So, it’s nice receiving advice from someone who has made the jump.

That happened for Diante Vines this weekend during his Iowa official visit. The wideout from Watertown (CT) Taft School was hosted by Hawkeye junior Ihmir Smith-Marsette, who arrived here from New Jersey.

“He was a great guy. He gave me a lot of advice and was a straight-up dude,” Vines told HN. “I relate to him a lot because we have similar backgrounds. Watching some of his highlights, he’s a great player and a great guy.”

The Hawkeyes extended a scholarship offer to Vines (6-1, 190) last month. He told HN at the time that the opportunity brought tears of joy to his mother.

“I liked the family environment that I got from the staff, team and recruits. It truly felt like like home with how comforting it was. And the facilities were just beautiful,” Vines said.

“I want to officially visit Syracuse. I also want to make a decision in July,” he said.

The Orangemen played host to him on an unofficial visit last week. He reported an offer from them along with Boston College, Army, Navy and others.

Iowa assistants Ken O’Keefe and Kelton Copeland, the receivers coach, have been leading the program’s recruitment of Vines.

“I spent the most time (during the official) with coach Copeland. He’s a great man. He’s definitely one of the most straight-up men I have ever met in my life. There was no beating around the bush or anything. He’s the real deal, and I have plenty of respect for him,” he said.

“The coaching staff felt like I’d be a great fit for Iowa because I’m a man with a head on my shoulders. They enjoy me as a person off, and I like that a lot. Being a good on the field is cool to build a relationship, but knowing they like me off the field means even more,” he said

“They see me as a great impact player. They see me being able to get the ball in space and making big-time plays. We went through a lot of film, and they showed me where I’d be and how I’d get the ball in different ways.”

Vines wants to be a Dermatologist, so he’s seeking a Pre-Med Major with a focus on Biology.

Last season, Vines caught 51 passes for 602 yards and 12 touchdowns in eight games. He added 181 kick-return yards with a score.

Rivals and rank Vines as a three-star prospect. The latter sees him as the No. 11 player in his state for ’20.

Love it.

He left Iowa without committing and mentioned the desire to do an official at Cuse then commit.

Encouraging.

Cuse is a reasonable drive for mom...agree good sign he did not give a commit.

Rivals and rank Vines as a three-star prospect. The latter sees him as the No. 11 player in his state for ’20.
Hmm. Well his visit will need to be the last week of July with a quick decisions thereafter as its a dead period from June 24th to July 24th.

Hmm. Well his visit will need to be the last week of July with a quick decisions thereafter as its a dead period from June 24th to July 24th.

Yes. He can't visit until then but he doesn't necessarily have to make a quick decision.

Ferentz is one of those coaches who encourages kids to take their visits, but once you're committed, then you're committed. So it's not completely unusual that Diante is going to take other visits. However Iowa has had 6 verbals since Saturday, so it's hard to tell exactly where this stands as it relates to them.

image.jpeg

Not to be rude but other team is Army not Michigan State in which the stats are even worse at 80 yards passing per game. Yes 80. They threw the ball 98 times last year... I think we can rule them out for Diante

Not to be rude but other team is Army not Michigan State in which the stats are even worse at 80 yards passing per game. Yes 80. They threw the ball 98 times last year... I think we can rule them out for Diante
Unless he wants a commission.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom