Class of 2016 - WR DJ Turner (MD) UMD Commit/Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 WR DJ Turner (MD) UMD Commit/Offered

We'll get some, nothing to panic over. Like I said ,if we get Riley, Cooper, and especially Rollins this year we will be doing darn good. We also have a couple others looking too. Next year and the next will be our big year for recruits here.

If weather messes everything up the next two weekends, don't be surprised to see commits without visits.
It would be strange... but possible.

We'll get some, nothing to panic over. Like I said ,if we get Riley, Cooper, and especially Rollins this year we will be doing darn good. We also have a couple others looking too. Next year and the next will be our big year for recruits here.
:eek:
600x400

If weather messes everything up the next two weekends, don't be surprised to see commits without visits.
It would be strange... but possible.
I think it more likely kids visit on/after NSD to make sure and sign LOis on campus (assuming that's legal)

I think it more likely kids visit on/after NSD to make sure and sign LOis on campus (assuming that's legal)
Not sure about the signing on campus part, but I agree with the general idea.
The only question is: are OVs allowed after NSD?

NSD just signals the first date that LOIs are allowed to be signed, err, submitted/accepted. Some wait a day or two, but most sign on that date.

Not sure about the signing on campus part, but I agree with the general idea.
The only question is: are OVs allowed after NSD?

NSD just signals the first date that LOIs are allowed to be signed, err, submitted/accepted. Some wait a day or two, but most sign on that date.

The signing period runs for two months, from Feb 3 to Apr 1.

bet you the twerps told him if he visits his ship is pulled.

PhatOrange said:
bet you the twerps told him if he visits his ship is pulled.

Which is basically them saying "we don't care about what might be best for you"

I have a good friend who is a DeMatha grad that says Turner was without a doubt the best player on DeMatha this year, and that he is one of 4 UMD DeMatha commits. DJ also loves Maryland, and likes the new coaches, so take it as you will. My friend believes he will stay with UMD but says he definitely wouldn't rule the Cuse out just yet.

Here's the video of his injury. Hate to see this happen to a kid early in their senior season. Gruesome injury.

AET 2.0 :cool:
He has 24 catches for 294 yards and 1 TD in his career. Got hurt last year 3 games in and redshirted. 5’9, 206 pounds. Probably would play in the slot. Athlon had him as a preseason all conference player this week, which shows how awful the receivers are in the B1G.

I am not sure he is good enough for us to take. Pretty sure Dino is on record saying he will not take a transfer unless he is good enough to start for us. I question that with DJ. It would be one thing if he had a spring and summer to learn the SU system and go through the SU conditioning program. Coming in this late...probably does not make sense. Not for a guy with one year of eligibility left. Though if he could play this year and then again next year...

Last edited:
“He has 24 catches for 294 yards and 1 TD in his career. Got hurt last year 3 games in and redshirted. 5’0, 206 pounds.“
Sounds like nose tackle proportions!;)

“He has 24 catches for 294 yards and 1 TD in his career. Got hurt last year 3 games in and redshirted. 5’0, 206 pounds.“
Sounds like nose tackle proportions!;)
Sorry, meant to type 5’9. There is something to be said for experience. He might contribute.

I think with Trishton not returning and Cam leaving, there is room for a transfer WR. Would prefer to see someone a bit more established, with more size. I see TJ as more of a slot guy. I think we need an outside WR more. Hoping things work out and we can add one in the next few days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom