Class of 2018 - WR Edward Hendrix (DC) SIGNED NLI to SYRACUSE | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 WR Edward Hendrix (DC) SIGNED NLI to SYRACUSE

The Wildhack knows talent. Dinos about to get his bean snapped.

tenor.gif

I am very excited about Hendrix's verbal commitment. It would also lead us to believe that Juan Wallace would be solid also. I however have gotten overly excited in the past about our recruiting and it did not turn out as expected. I am not being a sour grape, I just want to see us win some games because other programs can and will convince these 17-18 year old players to change their minds if we have a season like last year. I think we have finally come out of the hole we were in and hope this season is in our favor. Babers is a great coach and isn't going anywhere this year unless we are 9-3. If that is the case we can celebrate and worry about it later. Go Cuse.

It would also lead us to believe that Juan Wallace would be solid also. I however have gotten overly excited in the past about our recruiting and it did not turn out as expected.

I think Wallace's commitment is very soft at best. To me, his transfer to IMG Academy speaks volumes.

I think Wallace's commitment is very soft at best. To me, his transfer to IMG Academy speaks volumes.

idk if he is or isn't but considering his offers he really has no reason to be committed to Syracuse if he is hesitating on coming here. If he's holding a spot at Syracuse then I think that's good for us. He'd maybe only jump ship to some big boy SEC school so that narrows our competition. If the offers don't come he's ours.

Georgia only has 10 commitments and 1 LB so it seems they aren't really 'that' high on him. Back burner-ing him or waiting to see how he performs this fall.

Anyhow you've gotta be in it to win and at least we're in it. Hendrix now helps.

Nice picture of Juan Wallace there.
Yes, I was hopeful that mixing and matching the 2 would help us keep the commitment from Juan; thanks for keeping me honest!

idk if he is or isn't but considering his offers he really has no reason to be committed to Syracuse if he is hesitating on coming here. If he's holding a spot at Syracuse then I think that's good for us. He'd maybe only jump ship to some big boy SEC school so that narrows our competition. If the offers don't come he's ours.

Georgia only has 10 commitments and 1 LB so it seems they aren't really 'that' high on him. Back burner-ing him or waiting to see how he performs this fall.

Anyhow you've gotta be in it to win and at least we're in it. Hendrix now helps.

The bad thing is he is down at IMG...so many coaches run through there.
Hopefully Cuse has a friend on the coaching staff there.

yup...I didn't feel good about the IMG move - I saw it as him wanting more exposure but if we keep him all the better. (Did also cross my mind if this was a move for grades.)

Not true. Dino saw this coming. After meeting him in person a couple of times and listening to his remarks at the hiring news conference, on the No-Huddle tour, in pre-season interviews and at the ACC media events .. it's pretty clear that he really believes in the 'Cuse. His mantra is "why not, Syracuse?" Great academics, the only on-campus domed football stadium in D-1 ... his enthusiasm is infectious and (we're now seeing) kids are buying into his vision.

...Sarcasm lol

yup...I didn't feel good about the IMG move - I saw it as him wanting more exposure but if we keep him all the better. (Did also cross my mind if this was a move for grades.)

Could just be a change of scenery? Woodson's not terrible, but the surrounding neighborhoods are still pretty rough. I wonder if this would be a step up in competition, too.

Could just be a change of scenery? Woodson's not terrible, but the surrounding neighborhoods are still pretty rough. I wonder if this would be a step up in competition, too.
It's a definite step up in competition..

If I was a Cuse fan I'd still be little concerned with the IMG move.

First reply ever... from what I have read, Wallace helped a lot in this commit. The transfer is to better himself, and yes, Cuse talks with him about everything and very very often.

No confirmation on who was the lead recruit on Hendrix yet, but I think both are pretty solid in their commitments

What do you mean...you're not a Cuse fan? ;-)

I'm less concerned about the IMG move per se and more concerned about UGA in general. I still think that if he becomes a take for them, it's going to be a dogfight at that point.

First reply ever... from what I have read, Wallace helped a lot in this commit. The transfer is to better himself, and yes, Cuse talks with him about everything and very very often.

No confirmation on who was the lead recruit on Hendrix yet, but I think both are pretty solid in their commitments

Post more often.

I hope to be at a few of his game there with all my SU gear on to remind him we have a eye on him. lol

Welcome to the forum, fantastic first post. I think you'll do well here.

I'm less concerned about the IMG move per se and more concerned about UGA in general. I still think that if he becomes a take for them, it's going to be a dogfight at that point.
IMG is a feeder school to the SEC mainly were it costs north of $70,000 a year to attend and did you know they are not permitted or allowed to play any schools from Florida. SEC big boys take high school kids as soph. and Jr.s and place them there as holding spot as they then can practice most of the day in their sport and academics for only a few hours. I posted the info in long past threads about them.

THIS article was in 2014.....IMG Academy in Florida too good an opportunity to pass up for Lincoln football players

look at the costs to attend in it.

Really good/extensive read from 2016

‘One-stop shop:’ IMG Academy, rapidly becoming college football recruiting mecca, unlike any other high school in world

“It’s no secret: We give a limited amount of financial aid,” Kevin Wright said. “At the same time, we are a for-profit, private school. People are paying money to come here. It’s just how much. That’s no different than any other private school.”

IMG declined to reveal specific details of the financial aid plan, only saying it’s “limited.” Frey was asked whether any football players are attending the school for free.

“We’re always protective of the kids,” Frey said. “We’d never talk about what we give out to an individual. There’s a very specific, arduous process. It’s built with appropriate checks and balances.”

Henderson declined to discuss financial details of his son Justin’s tuition at the school. Others, though, have indicated IMG alleviated much of the financial burden.

For instance, Miki Fifita, an offensive lineman from Hawaii, told his local newspaper in 2014 he had “accepted a scholarship” to IMG Academy.

Likewise, Evan Mallory, an offensive lineman from Indiana, told his local newspaper he received a “scholarship that covers everything but minimal incidentals,” the Hendricks County Flyer reported in 2014.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom