Class of 2021 - WR Jackson Meeks (GA) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/12/23) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 WR Jackson Meeks (GA) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/12/23)

I feel like I should be more excited about this add than I am. In Fran I Trust.

Beeks.jpg

I feel like I should be more excited about this add than I am. In Fran I Trust.
Watch his UGA film - it's limited but he's a physical WR with some speed. He did get snaps at WR (not a ton) on 2 NC winning teams. So he's definitely got some level of talent to even be in the rotation on that team. Definitely the type of WR we haven't had in quite some time, a lot of upside if he pans out here. Worst case is quality upperclassman on specials.

Mikes article mentions good nuggets from Meeks quotes.

1. He spoke to the OC and talked about the offensive plan. That means it must be Nixon as OC as reported on.

2. He spent most of his time none other than OG. Now why would OG be hosting a recruit all weekend if he was not invested in this team going forwards? This is a huge nugget IMO.

Imagine OG, Villari, and Meeks lined up at the line…. All 6’2”+ and 200+ ….. that’s an ACC caliber WR core…. QBs should be interested.

Seems like a borderline take but certainly a bigger more put together kid. Looks like 1 year of eligibility.

Watch his UGA film - it's limited but he's a physical WR with some speed. He did get snaps at WR (not a ton) on 2 NC winning teams. So he's definitely got some level of talent to even be in the rotation on that team. Definitely the type of WR we haven't had in quite some time, a lot of upside if he pans out here. Worst case is quality upperclassman on specials.
I was thinking about what HCFB said in relation to only taking transfers who had more than one year, or if they had a good shot at the NFL. I guess I've been spoiled by the other commits so far. As I said before, In Fran I Trust.

We're going to need upperclassmen on the roster and he's only a 1 year player, so not much to lose here.

I agree and I also believe we're going to see a lot of turnover at this position group. It wouldn't surprise me to see them all gone except for Hatcher, Brown, maybe Gill. Many teams go 14 or 15 deep here. I'm definitely watching how this group shakes out.

I agree and I also believe we're going to see a lot of turnover at this position group. It wouldn't surprise me to them all gone except for Hatcher, Brown, maybe Gill. Many teams go 14 or 15 deep here. I'm definitely watching how this group shakes out.
Oh yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if half that group turns over or more. It's been an underperforming group as a whole for a while now.

I wonder if we'll see some 2 TE sets moving forward with OG and Villari, similar to UF with Gronk and Hernandez? That would be fun.