Class of 2021 - WR Jackson Meeks (GA) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/12/23) | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 WR Jackson Meeks (GA) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (12/12/23)

Yeah since players can transfer out pretty much any time they want without sitting yes I agree coaches should have that right to tell a player they aren’t cutting it, and they can. And the player still has a scholly if they want it.

But really It’s more your tone about it that sucks. The kid is Orange and works hard for the team. You’re complaining because a redshirt freshman that is 180 lbs got the ball ripped out of his hands on one play. Come on. Every player has plays that didn’t go well. Strength is not his strong suit. You don’t think the kid can get stronger. Your stance is a bit overkill. I still like Hatcher. I still think he has a lot of potential.
My tone is from this university sucking my soul out year after year. So yes I’m bitter and sick of losing. If fb wants to move players out then I’m all for it and I don’t care if feelings are hurt. This is a business not pop warner. They signed up for p5 ball and everything that comes with it. As for the ball being ripped out. Don’t care, someone should give the guy a medal for driving the last stake into the Dino regime.

My tone is from this university sucking my soul out year after year. So yes I’m bitter and sick of losing. If fb wants to move players out then I’m all for it and I don’t care if feelings are hurt. This is a business not pop warner. They signed up for p5 ball and everything that comes with it. As for the ball being ripped out. Don’t care, someone should give the guy a medal for driving the last stake into the Dino regime.
If it hurts your soul you should change hobbies. Nobody should be that invested in ball sports.

If it hurts your soul you should change hobbies. Nobody should be that invested in ball sports.
So you’re saying I should direct my NIL to the chess club? ;)

I understand the sentiment of the original post, even if hyperbole. But a leavening of wisdom would have attenuated the harshness.

You don’t need to have the two best tight ends in all of football to run a two TE set. You need two tight ends that can catch which we have and a QB that can throw accurately and consistently which we haven’t but are hopefully soon landing.

The talent we have at TE plus the new talent we’re adding at WR and the variety of WR should give us a lot of different looks. As long as we have a QB that doesn’t tunnel vision on 1 or 2 players.

Especially when OG showed he can line up wide or in the slot and be effective. I mean, how many corners can match up with him effectively? You can play them both without running a 12 package, and it becomes a matchup nightmare.

Especially when OG showed he can line up wide or in the slot and be effective. I mean, how many corners can match up with him effectively? You can play them both without running a 12 package, and it becomes a matchup nightmare.
Yep and Villari in general is a mismatch nightmare for anyone. He’s fast like a WR but physical like a LBer. Hopefully over the spring/summer he puts the rest of the pieces together because he could be an animal for us.

Yep and Villari in general is a mismatch nightmare for anyone. He’s fast like a WR but physical like a LBer. Hopefully over the spring/summer he puts the rest of the pieces together because he could be an animal for us.
He also can throw the halfback toss if we need a trick play...

Before we lost the ability to execute a forward pass, the kid was on pace for 35/500. Not bad for a redshirt sophomore who should have been the third option. If that's the kind of player you run off, you're bad at talent evaluation.

We havent been a selector school. That means you have to develop players. Our big wide receivers might be a tad thin, or a tad slow, or lack the greatest hands. It's up to the staff to develop them.

He’s a nice piece and talented but with the talent coming in, it could be an uphill battle. Thats just my opinion.
I really like Gill, he seems to catch everything thrown his way. I say put on some solid weight on him and this kid could be our sleeper.

I love all the players on our team.

We’re getting an infusion of talent we’re not used to, but need.

Plus

A big time culture change. We’re an undisciplined team without a winning culture.

Not all of our current kids are getting “the talk”. Some aren’t going to like the reality check either.

This isnt specific to Gill. He’s a talent that’s going to have to compete to earn snaps if he stays. No different then this past season.

Meeks is going to be a leader for this team despite only being a 1 yr guy. Strong character kid that is very outgoing. He co-hosted a weekly podcast with their all American safety Bullard that has lots of episodes on YouTube so wouldn’t be surprised if he got something going here as well.

I love all the players on our team.

We’re getting an infusion of talent we’re not used to, but need.

Plus

A big time culture change. We’re an undisciplined team without a winning culture.

Not all of our current kids are getting “the talk”. Some aren’t going to like the reality check either.

This isnt specific to Gill. He’s a talent that’s going to have to compete to earn snaps if he stays. No different then this past season.
We're getting some swag back. Fran wants us to talk crap. My best friend is an FSU fan and I have tons of friends that are Gator fans. When you start talking Syracuse football, they laugh. They won't be laughing long.