Class of 2020 - WR Jordan Addison (MD) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 WR Jordan Addison (MD)

NCAA--Either have rules and enforce them or have no rules at all.

Backdoor recruiting of a player already signed to another school is a flagrant infraction ...no matter how many on this board think it is absolutely acceptable

And any time a player is paid to commit to a school is also a flagrant infraction of NIL. Name Image and Likeness has nothing to do with being paid to go to a school. That's bribery

how many kids are pumped... You think the other 100 kids on Pitts team are happy about it as a team. only a handful of kids are making bank on this.

but its something you could also written into an NIL to stop kids from jumping I suppose., though until they have one that wont help either.

how many kids are pumped... You think the other 100 kids on Pitts team are happy about it as a team. only a handful of kids are making bank on this.

but its something you could also written into an NIL to stop kids from jumping I suppose., though until they have one that wont help either.
Like I said in my original post, I’m sure this will bring problems between players on teams.

I think about kids like Mookie Jones on the bball side that probably could have made a small fortune selling merchandise because of his popularity.

Now, obviously players trying to create their brand instead of being team players could go south quickly too. We shall see, this could blow up quick.

I’d bet they are happy for him? The fans still see this through the prism of student athletes bonded together on a college team, while they see it as a business where you have to look out for number 1, because schools surely ain’t sharing

FWIW, Dallas drafted an OT from Tulsa in the 1st round. During one of his media interviews, he casually mentioned that he had an "offer" from Bama to play there next year. He wasn't in the Portal. This is already happening everywhere. I'm sure that Tucker, maybe others, are getting offers like this.

I’d bet they are happy for him? The fans still see this through the prism of student athletes bonded together on a college team, while they see it as a business where you have to look out for number 1, because schools surely ain’t sharing
you think a team that thinks they can compete is happy when a kid leaves to go to another school for money? I deal with div 1 college kids all the time and talk with them alot. they are not happy when kids transfer to schools and hurt they school they leave. not sure all kids see it as business if its not business for most of them.

I disagree that schools are not sharing. It was the coaching, nutrition, school support etc that allowed the player to develop and grow. He was not a 5 star coming out of high school. A lot are not but develop over time. That is through the resources the school spends.
I know education clearly does not seem to matter anymore. Getting a free education just gets disregarded in the discussion.
I agree with other posters. If it is about money let certain schools form simi pro leagues that are not associated with education. There will be a draft and other rules. Let the rest of the schools that want education to be the primary component create a new governing body with rules that will actually be followed and enforced.
Right now it’s out of control.

I disagree that schools are not sharing. It was the coaching, nutrition, school support etc that allowed the player to develop and grow. He was not a 5 star coming out of high school. A lot are not but develop over time. That is through the resources the school spends.
I know education clearly does not seem to matter anymore. Getting a free education just gets disregarded in the discussion.
I agree with other posters. If it is about money let certain schools form simi pro leagues that are not associated with education. There will be a draft and other rules. Let the rest of the schools that want education to be the primary component create a new governing body with rules that will actually be followed and enforced.
Right now it’s out of control.

Education should matter, and it's not cheap. Medical care, training, etc etc that preps a kid for whatever next level of life they follow or go.

Happy a guy like Tucker realizes he can run for a zillion yards here and be a day 1 /2 pick next year with the opportunities he found at SU.

FWIW, Dallas drafted an OT from Tulsa in the 1st round. During one of his media interviews, he casually mentioned that he had an "offer" from Bama to play there next year. He wasn't in the Portal. This is already happening everywhere. I'm sure that Tucker, maybe others, are getting offers like this.
Not Nick Saban ... No ... Not him ... The man who has cried to the heavens about NIL and transfer portal

Not Nick Saban ... No ... Not him ... The man who has cried to the heavens about NIL and transfer portal
Def not the guy who has brought in arguably the #1 cb and rb from the portal this year.

NCAA--Either have rules and enforce them or have no rules at all.

Backdoor recruiting of a player already signed to another school is a flagrant infraction ...no matter how many on this board think it is absolutely acceptable

And any time a player is paid to commit to a school is also a flagrant infraction of NIL. Name Image and Likeness has nothing to do with being paid to go to a school. That's bribery
I don't like it either, but, in this case, it's an easy argument to say that LA has way more NIL opoortunity than Pittsburgh and that there wasn't tampering. This is going to happen a lot with players that outplay their high school rating.

There's a DMV connection between him and Caleb Williams. No way to stop players from talking and marketing for them on their behalf in another market.
Only solution I can think of for this is unionization w collective bargaining and wage limits.
Thought that you had to be in the transfer portal to be contacted? Pretty unethical and just plain wrong that a player who transferred can act as an agent for another university’s NIL. Caleb Williams isn’t an approved NCAA agent.

Thought that you had to be in the transfer portal to be contacted? Pretty unethical and just plain wrong that a player who transferred can act as an agent for another university’s NIL. Caleb Williams isn’t an approved NCAA agent.
Yes, to be contacted by coaches.
I could be wrong but I don't think there's any rule regarding player 2 player communication. Thoughts?

Yes, to be contacted by coaches.
I could be wrong but I don't think there's any rule regarding player 2 player communication. Thoughts?
Players are getting what fans clamored for ...money. I hate it. But if it's going to be done, then rules have to be drastically tightened. We can start by narrowing the definition of tampering, and being sure there are swift and consequential punishments for it

Gonna stop referring to the players as kids. They’re professional athletes and clients.

I despise Pitt and even I think this is outrageous.

How about the NCAA or someone grows a pair and punishes these schools?

How do you destroy programs like Miami and let this crap play?

Let's not forget back channel communications has been around for a while. Players former HS coach, aau coach, 7 on 7 coach, etc

Let's not forget back channel communications has been around for a while. Players former HS coach, aau coach, 7 on 7 coach, etc
This is not meant to be a direct attack at you, because many people seem to be making this argument (it's going to be done underground, so just lift the restrictions).

I think it's a very bad argument ...for anything really (legalization of drugs included).

Maybe there were outside institutions that were playing dirty during the days NIL was impermissable ..maybe. But was it widespread and lawless like the direction it's going in?

Whereas before NIL, some parties were negatively affected by other parties some of the time, this is stretching and negatively affecting every institution.

What is being done now is not the definition of "fairness." In fact, opening up NIL with no guidance whatsoever, is making the playing ground much more unfair for everyone involved. And in my mind, greatly encourages unethical behavior across the board

NCAA be like, "I'm a cool mom. In this house there are no rules."

Mean Girls Movie GIF by filmeditor

This is not meant to be a direct attack at you, because many people seem to be making this argument (it's going to be done underground, so just lift the restrictions).

I think it's a very bad argument ...for anything really (legalization of drugs included).

Maybe there were outside institutions that were playing dirty during the days NIL was impermissable ..maybe. But was it widespread and lawless like the direction it's going in?

Whereas before NIL, some parties were negatively affected by other parties some of the time, this is stretching and negatively affecting every institution.

What is being done now is not the definition of "fairness." In fact, opening up NIL with no guidance whatsoever, is making the playing ground much more unfair for everyone involved. And in my mind, greatly encourages unethical behavior across the board
Not an attack at all and I don't disagree

Opportunity. We don’t like it as fans, but I’m sure the kids are pumped.
No it’s great for SOME kids… maybe even a SELECT FEW kids. It’s bad for the sport. Bad for the schools. And bad for the fans. And once the sport is ruined those other kids won’t be getting scholarships. It will be semi-pro, pay to play, short term contracts for a few bucks for almost everyone. An education is a lifetime payoff. As opposed to a few thousand dollars for a couple of years and then see ya later.

Pandora's box has been opened and the only people with the power to close it are as inept as the NCAA. That's our wonderful Congress.
So enjoy the ride it's only going to get worse. The schools can't make any rules or punish anyone without a lawsuit.

Its fine if its not used as an inducement to play or attend a school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom