Class of 2017 - WR Josh Palmer (FL) Verbal to Tennessee | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 WR Josh Palmer (FL) Verbal to Tennessee

huge loss ! just a shame it happened so late , just goes to show you there us no such thing as loyalty anymore . Kids just care about the next 4 years not the next 40 !

huge loss ! just a shame it happened so late , just goes to show you there us no such thing as loyalty anymore . Kids just care about the next 4 years not the next 40 !
Well, ALMOST anymore.

Unless you know something... ;)

Not to be a d$&@ but I don't wish him well. I hope he graduates with a degree but I hope his time on the field at Tennessee sucks. I can't stand Butch Jones.
I also dislike Butchy and think UT will recruit over Palmer in due time. When that happens, he gone!

Hate to say this young man, but you'll be sorry for playing for a POS like Butch Jones.

I posted some info a year or so ago that he and his staff will tell recruits anything they want to hear but when it comes to seeing the field sometimes that doesn't happen. A good friend of mines nephew got the BS recruiting pitch from him along with other kids in his class and rarely saw the field as promised. A lot of them, including him, transferred out cause of the lies by the staff.

Grimes getting hurt changed everything for his recruitment. He wasn't even starting prior to that. The kid made a moved from Canada to Fla. Played against great competition and put himself in position to play major college ball. He could have got exposed. Instead he got better and earned SEC offers. Wish him well. We will find some receivers that want to catch 90 balls a season.

When the bright lights and golden hand shakes hit you the shady characters don't seem so bad anymore. UT has fallen badly since they fired Phil. They've gone from Lane to Butch. Ugh.

Hate to say this young man, but you'll be sorry for playing for a POS like Butch Jones.

I posted some info a year or so ago that he and his staff will tell recruits anything they want to hear but when it comes to seeing the field sometimes that doesn't happen. A good friend of mines nephew got the BS recruiting pitch from him along with other kids in his class and rarely saw the field as promised. A lot of them, including him, transferred out cause of the lies by the staff.
You can lead a horse to water.

Goodbye and good luck.

Will always root for Tennessee over Bama, Auburn and the Mississippi's

Good luck Josh. Maybe in 3 years if you work hard, we'll let you become an All-American here. ;)

Hell no. If he committed elsewhere to begin with, enrolled, and then was looking for a transfer, that's one thing. If he decommited because of a coaching change, that's one thing. The "greener pastures" kids can either thrive or rot wherever they go. Wouldn't want to see him here under any circumstances.

He didn't wait until signing day but it was close enough.

Last edited:
Dumb deci$ion

And yes

He was swayed away by greedy and dumb a$$ handlers

What a waste

Or the alternate where kids want to play for a major program with a ton of tradition in front of 100k plus fans on Saturdays at Neyland or they can play in front of 32k in the dome. It sure doesn't make me happy in any way whatsoever but its pretty easy to see if you take off the orange colored glasses. We expect the same thing to happen in basketball due to our tradition and crowd size, just so happens that we get slapped in football because of the same.

Or the alternate where kids want to play for a major program with a ton of tradition in front of 100k plus fans on Saturdays at Neyland or they can play in front of 32k in the dome. It sure doesn't make me happy in any way whatsoever but its pretty easy to see if you take off the orange colored glasses. We expect the same thing to happen in basketball due to our tradition and crowd size, just so happens that we get slapped in football because of the same.
I'm with ya. No real comparison between UT and us in football. That said, given his position, and his ability to catch 100 passes a year here, vs play at a school that uses running qb's who aren't passers, I am surprised by this decision. If there is one position on the field that I believe we should be able to recruit at the highest level, with Dino as our coach, its wr. Especially now that we have Amba's #'s as evidence. Total bummer, but I also feel that if we were gonna lose a player, I'd rather it be a wr for those same reasons. The DB who is visiting Michigan would sting more imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom