Class of 2020 - WR Kentron Poitier (FL) Committed to FSU | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 WR Kentron Poitier (FL) Committed to FSU

The pressure for these kids to go to a Big3 school when given the chance is immense. It's everyone around them in their ear. A friend of mine who grew up in the hood and played football at Pompano Beach (and somehow got out - great story by the way) said the pressure is unreal. That's why it was honestly quite amazing Cornelius Nunn signed with us last year.

This one reminds me of Josh Palmer who flipped to Tennessee and withered on a vine. He's a starter and his numbers would place him 5th on our current team.

If we feel it's necessary to sign another WR the two big time transfers are still available. Justin Shorter and Tariq Black.
A NJ guy and a CT guy!? Why? There are more FL guys to be stolen from us. Proximity to home no longer matters in recruiting. It doesn’t matter that Miami to Tallahassee is twice that of CT or NJ to SU.

A NJ guy and a CT guy!? Why? There are more FL guys to be stolen from us. Proximity to home no longer matters in recruiting. It doesn’t matter that Miami to Tallahassee is twice that of CT or NJ to SU.
If Hendrix comes back healthy, we don't need shorter or Black.

We recruited both originally. Where did they sign? Oh yeah that’s right Penn State and Michigan. I think the point people were making went over your head.

like your optimism. :rolleyes:

We’ve never gotten multiple 4* in any recruiting period, not even to mention at one position. So to say 4* WR’s are going to be beating our doors down is just pure fantasy. They aren’t now.

You can take it as negativity if you want but there has to be some level of realism to any output of optimism. It’s silly to just throw out statements not grounded in reality. IMO.

If TD turned out to be the QB many of us thought he was going to be and performed in our system the way they had planed. There would have been more balls caught than any two receivers could be any happier. Oh we did have a 4* wr. (Hendrix) signed up. Sad his health has held him back. Also a couple of the receivers we did get should be 4*, but oh well. We will see if we can get the help we need.

The pressure for these kids to go to a Big3 school when given the chance is immense. It's everyone around them in their ear. A friend of mine who grew up in the hood and played football at Pompano Beach (and somehow got out - great story by the way) said the pressure is unreal. That's why it was honestly quite amazing Cornelius Nunn signed with us last year.

This one reminds me of Josh Palmer who flipped to Tennessee and withered on a vine. He's a starter and his numbers would place him 5th on our current team.

If we feel it's necessary to sign another WR the two big time transfers are still available. Justin Shorter and Tariq Black.

When you type Justin Shorter into google, first thing that comes up after his name on the search auto fill is Justin Shorter Syracuse.

We recruited both originally. Where did they sign? Oh yeah that’s right Penn State and Michigan. I think the point people were making went over your head.
It didn’t. I still think there’s a better chance preferred FL recruits get stolen than NE recruits.

Dont we have a 4 star at QB, RB, WR, OL, LB, and DB? we can get 4 stars so we can get them we just have to be smart

I think you’re making my point. Thank you. We have a handful of 4* on a roster of 85. We can recruit a lot better but we’re never getting loads of 4* players.

But don’t mind me, I have no idea what I’m talking about, I’m just being negative.

If TD turned out to be the QB many of us thought he was going to be and performed in our system the way they had planed. There would have been more balls caught than any two receivers could be any happier. Oh we did have a 4* wr. (Hendrix) signed up. Sad his health has held him back. Also a couple of the receivers we did get should be 4*, but oh well. We will see if we can get the help we need.

So if this happens and that happens, maybe this will happen and btw, if we just label some of the other players as 4* then you’re absolutely right. I have no idea what I’m talking about. We’re actually not that far off from having boatloads of 4* players begging to play for us.

So if this happens and that happens, maybe this will happen and btw, if we just label some of the other players as 4* then you’re absolutely right. I have no idea what I’m talking about. We’re actually not that far off from having boatloads of 4* players begging to play for us.
lol qdawgg, just messing with ya having some fun. ;)

lol qdawgg, just messing with ya having some fun. ;)

Sorry:( I was being a little bit of a d0uche. I think we can pull in more 4 stars, just not the crazy amount some people expect. I also thought the 10 win season would help to some degree so I’m a little cautious about how big an impact TD might have if he lights it up. I think the 4 stars (and lots of high rated 3’s) will come as a result of multiple other things actually. Consistent winning in general, housing improvements and the dome renovations.

Sorry:( I was being a little bit of a d0uche. I think we can pull in more 4 stars, just not the crazy amount some people expect. I also thought the 10 win season would help to some degree so I’m a little cautious about how big an impact TD might have if he lights it up. I think the 4 stars (and lots of high rated 3’s) will come as a result of multiple other things actually. Consistent winning in general, housing improvements and the dome renovations.
So true. I was hoping as well as many other on here that TD was going able to be Gun Slinger from day one this year. Unfortunately it didn't happened the way we would have liked, Lets hope things change this time around next year.. We need consistency for three or more years to get the better recruits. I believe we can do it.

I think you’re making my point. Thank you. We have a handful of 4* on a roster of 85. We can recruit a lot better but we’re never getting loads of 4* players.

But don’t mind me, I have no idea what I’m talking about, I’m just being negative.
fair enough, i think we can get to the point of 4-5 4 stars a year but i think some people think we will pull top 15 classes year in and year out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom