WR Malique Belfort | Syracusefan.com

WR Malique Belfort

Seems like there will be movement after the NYC duo decides, like Parise to NHL free agency. Would like to see this kid get the offer.

I think they are waiting on where Tyree Harris goes. It was reported he is going to visit sometime in July.

He say's it himself:

"They're just waiting to see who doesn't commit and who does to go more in depth with me."

Might hurt his standing that he didn’t get to one of our camps for first hand evaluation. Who knows where he rates on the 'unoffered' board and besides Harris we’ve got offers out to other receivers. A new article up now about the touted WR from McDevitt, Brian Lemelle who is planning to visit Cuse this summer. We’re probably also still trying to get Funderburke through admissions.

Belfort seems to me like he'd commit on the spot so Cuse might not be in a rush. Could be a late offer kid.

Fom his numbers he's unproven but with intangibles I think he'd be a great commit. He seems to be a very personable and outgoing kid who networks a lot with other NYC players and it also would strengthen our feeder programs. With his size and speed (4.6 is pretty damn fast when you're 6'4") I'd like to see him in the program.

"
Waiting on Syracuse?"WTH? Who is dropping the ball? I thinj he isn't high enough on the presumptive recruiting board.4.62 40 might be a bit of a ant in his recruiting.:oops:
Don't think anyone is dropping the ball. If we have learned anything in the last two years it is that the staff knows what they are doing and we do not know who they are ranking higher on their list. They also know the sleepers of whom we really are not yet aware. Who knew about the two great QB gets? Give it a little more patience. (We would never would be having this discussion three years ago!)

"
Waiting on Syracuse?"WTH? Who is dropping the ball? I thinj he isn't high enough on the presumptive recruiting board.4.62 40 might be a bit of a ant in his recruiting.:oops:
Cali you bank far too much on a kid's 40 time.

While I think we should offer based on his size and offer list (and for how good friends he is with GE and EO) we have a few better prospects out there in Tyree Harris and Brian Lemelle. We are going to wait and see but this kid loves us and would probably commit immediately.

Wonder if Tyree Harris eliminating 'Cuse opens the door for Belfort to get an offer...

I don't think other players are the reason he doesn't have an offer.

Wonder if Tyree Harris eliminating 'Cuse opens the door for Belfort to get an offer...
Getting his grades in order would open the door for Belfort to get an offer...

"

Jesus, let the staff focus on kids who can actually show up next August.

Getting his grades in order would open the door for Belfort to get an offer...
His grades cant be that bad. He has 6 offers from pretty solid schools

Heard the same others, considered a long shot to qualify. I think SU might offer but dont expect him on campus anytime soon.

Heard the same others, considered a long shot to qualify. I think SU might offer but dont expect him on campus anytime soon.

SU held off on offering Broyld for quite a while so perhaps will see the same with Belfort once the staff has a better idea what academic shape he's in. I assume it's a pecking order issue right now because if it wasn't, and he has no hope of qualifying, there's no real threat if offering him. So the jury is probably still out as to whether he'll qualify.

SU held off on offering Broyld for quite a while so perhaps will see the same with Belfort once the staff has a better idea what academic shape he's in. I assume it's a pecking order issue right now because if it wasn't, and he has no hope of qualifying, there's no real threat if offering him. So the jury is probably still out as to whether he'll qualify.

Good point, you never say never. Some kids finally get it there Senior years, hopefully he will no matter what college he chooses.

If he has no hopes in qualifying (not saying this is the case) the threat of offering him and him committing is that it could scare away others that we may have ranked similarly on our board. Hopefully competition doesn't scare guys off but they are all looking at rosters and numbers. It def could be similar to Broyld where he has to show he's making strides in classroom and such then he'll get offer. Like everybody said he has some good offers I would love to see some film of him being the number 1 target this fall on his team now that Cornelius is gone.

If he has no hopes in qualifying (not saying this is the case) the threat of offering him and him committing is that it could scare away others that we may have ranked similarly on our board. Hopefully competition doesn't scare guys off but they are all looking at rosters and numbers. It def could be similar to Broyld where he has to show he's making strides in classroom and such then he'll get offer. Like everybody said he has some good offers I would love to see some film of him being the number 1 target this fall on his team now that Cornelius is gone.

It would be even better if they had a QB that could actually get him the ball ... when Barnes blew out his knee Cornelius had to play QB and run out of the "Alcat" as they called it.

Scout just updated his offer list and he has zero offers.
Yep, Dohn did some research and couldn't confirm any of his offers. Maybe that's the wakeup call Belfort needs to hit the books.

Sounds like a Milford kid for sure
More like community college if his grades are that bad that all his offers got pulled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom