Class of 2019 - WR Nazir Burnett (PA) Committed to Ga Tech | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 WR Nazir Burnett (PA) Committed to Ga Tech

Is that how the transfer portal works?

Burnett be like...

I'm in the transfer port-al
Don't ask me I'll never tell
I looked at Cuse as I fell
And now you're in my way
I'd trade my soul for a wish
Catches and routes for a 'ship
I was looking for this
And now you're in my way

Uniform is orange
Blue, white, orange showin'
Hot Dome, no wind blowin'
Where you think you're going Babers?

Hey, I just left Geoff, and this is crazy
But here's my number
So call me maybe
It's hard to look right at you Babers
But here's my number
So call me maybe
All the other schools try to chase me
But here's my number
So call me maybe

You win the interwebs today!

This is not surprising, is gowdy next a year from now?

My opinion is that you really shouldn't take a chance on a transfer unless they've shown that they can play at a high level at their initial school. Even then, I don't think that history is a guarantee of success in their new home.

I wouldn't call him. The added whammy here is that his transfer might make it more likely that Gowdy sticks to his commitment.
I'm glad that Jackson and Adams transferred to SU.
I think this is a kid, 17-18 year old who made a poor choice and deserves another look if the coaches have an interest. My reason for posting that article was the line that he will probably end up at a school closer to home.

I think this is a kid, 17-18 year old who made a poor choice and deserves another look if the coaches have an interest. My reason for posting that article was the line that he will probably end up at a school closer to home.
Our recruiting strategy should be to target homesick, northeast kids playing in the south!

If we aren’t interested maybe he ends up at, gasp, Rutgers... they could use, well, just about everything on that roster

If Dino would take him, so would I.

I think this depends on the coaching staffs needs assessment.l of current personnel and projected development, or lack there of, the current wr core. I know we are still looking for a big physical receiver a la Custis (and the 6'6 kid from canada whos playing ball in Fla this year) but I'm not sure outside of that what else the staff is prioritizing at the position. Should be interesting to see where he goes or if we Express interest.

Is that how the transfer portal works?

Burnett be like...

I'm in the transfer port-al
Don't ask me I'll never tell
I looked at Cuse as I fell
And now you're in my way
I'd trade my soul for a wish
Catches and routes for a 'ship
I was looking for this
And now you're in my way

Uniform is orange
Blue, white, orange showin'
Hot Dome, no wind blowin'
Where you think you're going Babers?

Hey, I just left Geoff, and this is crazy
But here's my number
So call me maybe
It's hard to look right at you Babers
But here's my number
So call me maybe
All the other schools try to chase me
But here's my number
So call me maybe
1570291999380.png

I never knock kids decisions but this one was always strange to me. Feel bad for him in a way but truly thought he had a good opportunity here. Temple could be good landing for him. Hope so

I'm convinced that every WR that snubs us would have been an all-american here and to them we're the one that got away.

You’re not wrong.

I was sure Nazir was going to be the next in the Briz / Erv / Riley (Jr year version - Monstars apparently stole his abilities this past year) lineage.

You see this, WR ‘croots??

NEVER chose Ga Tech over Cuse if you actually want to have the ball thrown to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom