Class of 2019 WR Nazir Burnett (PA) Committed to Ga Tech

This doesn’t make sense to me - turning down the option to play in a proven system that throws the ball a ton - to go to a school who is hoping to learn how to throw the ball, but hey what do I know

DeGrozz

All Conference
This doesn’t make sense to me - turning down the option to play in a proven system that throws the ball a ton - to go to a school who is hoping to learn how to throw the ball, but hey what do I know
I couldn’t imagine GT being loaded with WR talent. He may see an opportunity to make an earlier impact than here, where most of us really are optimistic about the position.

rackman18

All Conference
If they pull in a few good receivers and get a half way decent qb, which they may already have and a OC who is a little innovated and they may cause a little havoc.

chugg21

Gritty, High IQ, Scrappy, Gym Rat, Lunch Pail Guy
GT apparently gets WRs to the NFL seeing as they have a 4-1 advantage over us since 2010. Bizarre.

djorange1989

All American
I think the kid overplayed his hand, he got interest from 'bigger' fish like Michigan and when the bigger fish never bit he was left with Rutgers and GT, gotta take GT in that case

qdawgg

All American
Just shows that trying to analyze why every recruit might want to play at SU is somewhat pointless. They make decisions for so many different reasons.

JoeSU

All Conference
I wonder if academics are an issue? This year in particular, in light of the revised NCAA policy (in which players who sign but don't qualify count against the 25 player limit), coupled with SU's WR roster already being well-stocked, SU may have decided not to take a gamble on him.
This is pure speculation on my part, I'm trying to make sense out of his strange recruitment.

djorange1989

All American
I wonder if academics are an issue? This year in particular, in light of the revised NCAA policy (in which players who sign but don't qualify count against the 25 player limit), coupled with SU's WR roster already being well-stocked, SU may have decided not to take a gamble on him.
This is pure speculation on my part, I'm trying to make sense out of his strange recruitment.
if academics were an issue, he probably would not have been recruited by GT, their standards are higher than ours

I am guessing that somewhere in here is a relationship that he has with former Temple coach now GT coach Geoff Collins. Maybe they weren't big enough as Temple, but once he went to GT things changed for Nazir. I know that he is defensive minded, but he was a tight ends coach at GT as well as having Alabama on his resume.

Top Bottom