Class of 2019 - WR Nazir Burnett (PA) Committed to Ga Tech | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 WR Nazir Burnett (PA) Committed to Ga Tech

Does he even have an offer from Ped St?

Nazir Burnett - WR
Bishop McDevitt HS, Harrisburg, PA
2-4-7 Rating at Commit Date *** 8/3/2018; Current Rating 10/05/2018 ***
Major (6) - Syracuse, BC, Michigan St, Pitt, Rutgers, WVU

Not sure how often (if ever) this is updated.
I mean, it erroneously lists Rutgers as Major rather than Mid Major, so... ;)

I've seen nothing from Penn State about him, I searched local news papers not seeing anything with him and PSU

2lst7y.jpg

Two things: First, this is exactly the type of receiver we WANT lining up to play here; Second, you can be upset with the decision, but I would refrain from saying "The hell with him" as it does not reflect well on us as a school or a fanbase. He is a young man who is making an important decision, and I think he did it with great class and sincerity.
We are better than that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad. On flip side opens up scholly for positions of need. WR is not a position of need at the point. Numbers wise

Does he even have an offer from Ped St?

Nazir Burnett - WR
Bishop McDevitt HS, Harrisburg, PA
2-4-7 Rating at Commit Date *** 8/3/2018; Current Rating 10/05/2018 ***
Major (6) - Syracuse, BC, Michigan St, Pitt, Rutgers, WVU

Not sure how often (if ever) this is updated.
I mean, it erroneously lists Rutgers as Major rather than Mid Major, so... ;)
Just because there isn't an offer listed doesn't mean they aren't recruiting him.

Dude. He's still under contract for THREE MORE YEARS.

It's a GOOD thing that he's regarded highly enough to be considered for other jobs.
You'd rather he suck so we don't risk losing him? :rolleyes:

I knew there was a reason I was ignoring you.
Franklin and Richt would tell these guys that Dino is a great coach and a nice guy, but he is going to be bought out by a big program and won't be at Syracuse to coach you. Don't you know anything about the recruiting trail?

But really just sounds like a kid that knows hes got a special opportunity and wants to do his future justice and know every option
A verbal commitment is not binding in any way. I don't believe that you're no longer allowed to take OV's after giving a verbal. So my question is, if he's still got Syracuse #1, and just wants to go check out other offers, and do his due diligence, then why even bother tweeting that you've de-committed? He could still remain verbally committed, and still check out the other schools.
Sounds to me his mind is made up.

Babers still isn't extended and there are articles in major publications saying he is a candidate for other jobs. I don't know how people think this is not a bad thing and is being used against him is beyond me.
How would we know if he was or wasn't extended? The University doesn't need to make an announcement, and Wildhack just said today, that when it comes to talk of money, he and Dino keep it to themselves.

A verbal commitment is not binding in any way. I don't believe that you're no longer allowed to take OV's after giving a verbal. So my question is, if he's still got Syracuse #1, and just wants to go check out other offers, and do his due diligence, then why even bother tweeting that you've de-committed? He could still remain verbally committed, and still check out the other schools.
Some schools will pull a kids commitment if they take OVs.

Some schools will pull a kids commitment if they take OVs.
Right, but Dino encourages people to do their due dilligence. I doubt he would have pulled it for doing such...or am I not understanding correctly?

I betcha it's Pitt, guys. They are selling leading the Coastal division right now and selling knocking off Cuse.

Last edited:
Just because there isn't an offer listed doesn't mean they aren't recruiting him.

Well, they already have verbals from a 4* and a 3* WR this class, plus a TE.

And they still haven't officially offered him, right?

I get why he might want to check out his options.
I'll never get why kids don't do that FIRST, and THEN, you know - COMMIT.

edited to add: HAAAAARRRRRRRRBAUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

Right, but Dino encourages people to do their due dilligence. I doubt he would have pulled it for doing such...or am I not understanding correctly?
Nazir may have gone to Babers and told him he wanted to take his OVs. They may have agreed the best thing was for him to decommit until he was sure...it allows the staff to recruit someone else for the position.

I betcha it's Pitt, guys. They are selling leading the Coastal division right now and knocking off Cuse.
Ha! I said this just as it was reported Michigan is getting involved

Well, they already have verbals from a 4* and a 3* WR this class, plus a TE.

And they still haven't officially offered him, right?

I get why he might want to check out his options.
I'll never get why kids don't do that FIRST, and THEN, you know - COMMIT.
Because some kids find themselves on the outside looking in when they drag their feet in committing. Spots fill up. And Nazir blew up this season. Others took notice.

All press is good press

Because some kids find themselves on the outside looking in when they drag their feet in committing. Spots fill up. And Nazir blew up this season. Others took notice.

Michigan also has 2 WR's (4* & 3*) and a 4* TE in their current class of 24.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom