Class of 2021 - WR Oronde Gadsden II (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 WR Oronde Gadsden II (FL) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20)

The reason I thought of Harmon is that he reminds me of Ish - only faster and taller. But I'd take another Custis any day ... with a shorter development curve. This kid is also a good student.
Custis was underrated from a physical toughness standpoint. He’d run you over coming over the middle. We just mainly saw him along the sidelines. If Oronde has hands like Steve, and strides like Custis then we’re cookin

I can't find a 40 time. But he runs the 400. From his film ... his turnover is really high for a 6'4 kid. And there's this from a Florida (Canes) recruiting site:

Oronde Gadsden II, American Heritage (6’4, 190)- Son of Miami Dolphins standout and plays a similar game. High-cut body with room to grow. Adjusts to the ball and high points like his father. Physical attitude and devastating on crack backs. Has deceptive speed and outran the Northwestern defense for a long TD. Savvy with feel for zone. Offers from BC, Kentucky and Iowa State.

He's a hurdler at 110 300 and runs the 400. He's ran the 100 but number isn't eye popping until you consider the splits for his 400. If he gets the ball in stride he won't be caught

Last edited:
The good news, following up on your point, is that when you factor in how low players like Huff and lampson are rated relatively speaking, this is probably a class that could finish in the top 40. Which is right where we need to be.

Would perhaps be there now if they didn't drop Chestnut, and actually looked at any film to do with Josh Hough or Elijah Fuentes

Bear's Dad will be happy
I just saw OG last week at the school scrimmage. I was there to watch my nephew and my godson (who are the starting running backs there c/o 2022 & 2023).

I'm happy that Syracuse finally has a player from South Florida in this class;...but as the first African-American coach at Plantation American Heritage and the one who is responsible for bringing the initial wave of players in; it's
IMG_6384.jpg
t's just good to see my labor from 1992 to present not go in vain.

Last edited:
I just saw OG last week at the school scrimmage. I was there to watch my nephew and my godson (who are the starting running backs there c/o 2022 & 2023).

I'm happy that Syracuse finally has a player from South Florida in this class;...but as the first African-American coach at Plantation American Heritage and the one who is responsible for bringing the initial wave of players in; it'sView attachment 187915t's just good to see my labor from 1992 to present not go in vain.
Is that Bear in the picture? Any impressions of OG from the scrimmage?

Is that Bear in the picture? Any impressions of OG from the scrimmage?
it wouldn't be fair for me to comment because I will always be biased to South Florida players. Unfortunately, the best players don't even get offered & most of them are qualified. This area is saturated. Just saturated. Which is why one coach can't possibly cover the area alone especially with the number of D1 schools from every major conference including the top 25 who have made South Florida their priority.

it wouldn't be fair for me to comment because I will always be biased to South Florida players. Unfortunately, the best players don't even get offered & most of them are qualified. This area is saturated. Just saturated. Which is why one coach can't possibly cover the area alone especially with the number of D1 schools from every major conference including the top 25 who have made South Florida their priority.

Well when you get in there next year send us all the best guys

Well when you get in there next year send us all the best guys
When I get in there. LOL Dude The ONLY reason that I stay out the way is I was told via third party a few years ago that "We don't need your help recruiting." So I fell back accept for Steve Linton because that's my brother's Godson : other than that - I don't comment or suggest anything. So when the 177 players that I've got scholarships since 1992 or personally coached or trained; ask me what to do. I tell them I'm not participating in ANYTHING until Bear graduates.

All I did was wear my Syracuse football shirt to American Heritages Scrimmage. When the parents in the stands asked, "McKinley why are you wearing a Syracuse shirt.?" I replied. "My son plays there." Ohh that's right your Reggie Williams uncle, and Fudge's brother; the guy who recruited all the black players to Heritage." That was DONE! I knew OG was gonna sign with Cuse then.

I personally know the owner of the School Mr. Laurie & my younger brother who I coached at American Heritage as an RB (who also played RB in College) has assumed the recruiter role that I had at American Heritage. NO player comes to Heritage unless they go through him. His son (my nephew) will be coming out in 2022 and my godson will be coming out in 2023. They (my nephew & my godson) WILL play in college together in the backfield like their fathers did.

My total focus is the class of 2022 for South Florida High School Players

So I just make a few "suggestions" to boosters who to speak with nationally to get what they want SINCE THEY WANTED MY OPINION.

btw...How do you like Tennessee's #6 class for 2021? LOL

what did Nykiem do wrong on Saturday? He got one ball thrown to him and looked like the best play maker on the field
Exactly. One ball too many thrown at him.

Exactly. One ball too many thrown at him.
He’s a good skills player. He struggles because our run game is predictable enough to afford an extra LB or safety to smother him (its often johnson) in coverage. Tommy needs to improve seeing the other side of the field when the initial targets not open. He had some decent pockets imo to do so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom