WR Sean Avant Committs | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

WR Sean Avant Committs

All of last year. all i heard was how small a class this was going to be and the reason we were not picking up recruits was that DM was being picky, go figure. Yes, we lost a few guys, and Pugh left early, but from the mid Teens to 24/25 commits? Not that I am complaining, this class probably still isn't over the way it looks, but I am going to take all I hear with a grain of salt, or pound for that matter! :cool:
Well, you know, the Doug Marrone Apologists Committee was in full force in those days.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

"Avant, the Sun Sentinel's No. 22-ranked player in Broward County, was an FIU commit until the last 24 hours, when he flipped to FAU. "

"How shocking is the timing of Cristobal’s departure? No commitment better demonstrated that than Miramar (Fla.) two-star wide receiver Sean Avant.
“I didn’t even know,” Avant said. “I had just committed yesterday.
"That is real crazy," Avant added. "I just talked to him last night. He was so fired up about my commitment."
Avant isn't sure where his commitment stands at this moment.
“That is a bit upsetting to me,” Avant said."

Could it be that after Cristobal was fired the kid wasn't sure where to go so he accepted a walk-on at FAU. And things weren't too settled at SU in that time period either.

Agreed good thought I prefer that reasoning and his hudl highlight tape listed a 3.0 Gpa. I'm glad we were able to pick him up late or not.

he waited too long to commit, spots filled up elsewhere, and then we contacted him out of the blue so he's Orange.

If Strong and Holgy offered him, I'm happy.

I like the pickup. Comes from one of the best football areas in the country. Quality offers from other programs. Will add to the competition at WR. Well done Coach Shafer swooping in late.

Good find...makes sense.

I remembered that we had offered him when we offered Jermaine Grace and that he committed to FIU. Maybe I'm just a recruiting idiot "savant"..;)

Kid looks good on film and a typical WVU type WR. Glad he will be wearing orange.

It's says he has a 3.0 gpa...much more speed than Tavon Austin.

Really? Sounds good to me. Does anyone know how many scholies we have left and does this mean anything moving forward with KJ?

All of last year. all i heard was how small a class this was going to be and the reason we were not picking up recruits was that DM was being picky, go figure. Yes, we lost a few guys, and Pugh left early, but from the mid Teens to 24/25 commits? Not that I am complaining, this class probably still isn't over the way it looks, but I am going to take all I hear with a grain of salt, or pound for that matter! :cool:

Off the top of my head, Pugh, Phillips, MPB, Walls, Foster, Christopher, Addazio.

Off the top of my head, Pugh, Phillips, MPB, Walls, Foster, Christopher, Addazio.

The DE/TE from FL that we found out was not asked back... Can't remember his name...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom