Class of 2024 - WR Syair Torrence (NY: CBA) Committed to BC | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 WR Syair Torrence (NY: CBA) Committed to BC

Kinda kid who always has you asking 2 years from now: " Why didn't we sign him, he's local, etc. ". Never fails.
Nope. He “wanted” come here but it didn’t work because the competition became too much. He’s talented and I wish him the best.

I said weeks ago this kid doesn’t move the needle and Fran agrees. He’s not that good. He’s an over hyped local kid.

I said weeks ago this kid doesn’t move the needle and Fran agrees. He’s not that good. He’s an over hyped local kid.
Just don't know, he has plenty of solid P5 offers. He could be a very good college player at BC. Some people are now discrediting the kid because of all the BS and I get it but he's a legit P5 recruit and his offers back it up, they aren't just offering Upstate NY kids out of nowhere

Just don't know, he has plenty of solid P5 offers. He could be a very good college player at BC. Some people are now discrediting the kid because of all the BS and I get it but he's a legit P5 recruit and his offers back it up, they aren't just offering Upstate NY kids out of nowhere
Does he? What commitable offers does he have?

I'm always amazed that some people think the kids don't make the decision not to stay home.
So much easier to say he isn't P5 material or doesn't fit the program.
Makes some of y'all sound like Rutgers fans.

giphy.gif

I'm always amazed that some people think the kids don't make the decision not to stay home.
So much easier to say he isn't P5 material or doesn't fit the program.
Makes some of y'all sound like Rutgers fans.
You shouldn't be amazed. He's not the best WR on his high school team and he wants to play WR in college. His options to do that are very limited, and Syracuse isn't one of those options. It's not about being "bitter" that he doesn't want to stay home, it just is what it is. On top of that, most of his offers are old, based on potential. There's not exactly a battle for his services.

I spent a couple weeks at Boston College attending a seminar. Great campus. Trouble is only a small fraction of the students get to stay on campus. The rest have to be bused 20 minutes to where a lot of dorms are. I could see the students all lined up waiting for the buses to go to their dorms. Imagine attending a night game at the dome and having to take a bus to Camillus or Manlius.

Their stadium is also not very good (like a highschool field on steroids) and the gameday experience sucks.

The only good time I ever had there was watching the Diamond Ferri show live.

You shouldn't be amazed. He's not the best WR on his high school team and he wants to play WR in college. His options to do that are very limited, and Syracuse isn't one of those options. It's not about being "bitter" that he doesn't want to stay home, it just is what it is. On top of that, most of his offers are old, based on potential. There's not exactly a battle for his services.
and you just made her point.

and you just made her point.
It wasn't his decision not to stay home. And that's ok. Sometimes that happens. We mocked Rutgers fans because they said Willy Love wasn't a take, but it turns out he really wasn't. Syair wasn't a take for us at WR, so it's not a "he decided he wanted to leave home" situation entirely.

In order to commit here the player has to want to be here.
And if he wanted to be here as a WR would Fran have taken him? Im sure you know the answer. either way, best of luck to him. I believe he'll get converted to defense and have a solid college career.