Class of 2024 - WR Syair Torrence (NY: CBA) Committed to BC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 WR Syair Torrence (NY: CBA) Committed to BC

Pretty sure he torched Auburn a few weeks back

Edit. Yup, most of his highlights.

I wouldn't take anything from his D highlights as Auburn is using a WR / RB as QB this year, and they have no passing game. Auburn is 100% ground and pound.

How fast is he? He made a ton of plays but didn't really pull away from anyone.

Last edited:
Pretty sure he torched Auburn a few weeks back

Edit. Yup, most of his highlights.

I wouldn't take anything from his D highlights as Auburn is using a WR / RB as QB this year, and they have no passing game. Auburn is 100% ground and pound.

How fast is he? He made a ton of plays but didn't really pull away from anyone.
He can work on the speed, only a Fr. but he is a very good possession receiver. He will be a 4* by senior year if he keeps it going. And if he grows a few inches, there will be no stopping him.

Reactions: CIL
He can work on the speed, only a Fr. but he is a very good possession receiver. He will be a 4* by senior year if he keeps it going. And if he grows a few inches, there will be no stopping him.
Maybe my math is wrong, but if he's class of 2024, he's a sophomore, unless he's graduating in 3 years.

Must get. Should be a sure thing no?
Nothing is a sure thing with SU FB recruiting. Cannot remember the last time we got a legacy recruit. Cannot get the best players in NY to stay home on a consistent basis. A lot of kids were not even born the last time we were really successful. Finally DB is an honest coach not a used car salesman. He is going to be honest in recruiting. Now sometimes kids hear what they want but he is not going to make blatant promises in my opinion to get a recruit.

Nothing is a sure thing with SU FB recruiting. Cannot remember the last time we got a legacy recruit. Cannot get the best players in NY to stay home on a consistent basis. A lot of kids were not even born the last time we were really successful. Finally DB is an honest coach not a used car salesman. He is going to be honest in recruiting. Now sometimes kids hear what they want but he is not going to make blatant promises in my opinion to get a recruit.
He’s not a legacy recruit though, is he? Are you referring to the fact that his brother transferred to SU recently for hoops, or did his father play football at Cuse?

Like I said. Game changer yesterday. And the QB looks legit
Appears to have really good hands. Even if his speed numbers aren't there that can be improved with training. For some guys hands never come.

We sat with Symir and Syair’s mom on the flight from Nassau to Charlotte and across from her on the flight into Syracuse. Delightful woman. She was in the same situation as me, racing home to get to the Dome with Syair who didn’t want to miss the game. Recruitment hasn’t even started in earnest as he is only a sophomore, but he is hearing from lots of schools through unofficial social media channels. Very thankful by the Cuse offer but a long way to go before decision time.