Class of 2018 - WR Taj Harris (NJ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 WR Taj Harris (NJ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously, can't see anything about his hands from this video, but he can run. I smell YAC

Obviously, can't see anything about his hands from this video, but he can run. I smell YAC

His athleticism is just crazy. Not comparing the two at all, but he reminds me of what Mike Hard did to Class C West when he was in high school.

He looks bigger and faster than everyone he was playing against. With incredible "wiggle" for someone his size. Once he gets going, his long stride is gazelle like! Hope he signs early!

Referring to the adult actor, or the adult drink?

Whoops. That's what I get for typing with a bandaid on my finger.

He looks like he would make a pretty darn good free safety as well but I would guess he sticks at WR. I foresee quite a few WR screens to him and probably some deep balls as he has good height and a gazelle like stride. Looks to be pretty physical too so you'd think he could block. Gotta think he redshirts to learn the system and work on his hands and route running as I'm guessing they would need some polish after playing QB as a senior and he definitely needs to learn to secure the ball better as that will not fly in college. Great prospect. Looking like a nice haul on WR's this class. We definitely needed it.

WOW. This tape was night and day compared to his junior highlights. I'm literally shocked. I knew he had wiggle, but this guy is electric with the ball in his hands. I'll say it right now - he's going to get some big offers based on his senior film. I can't wait to see him in Orange.

I was literally LOLing at some of the moves he put on dudes. :cool:

Dino could do some silly trickeration w him and Devin Butler and Tae Strick all able to sling it.

Todd Hunt continues to struggle with his football knowledge and objectivity rating players.

He isn't even included in the HM section for the top 50 players in NJ. NJ is a good state for HS football but not nearly that good. While I haven't reviewed the film of all the top players in that state, I can guarantee you he is one of the top 10 players in the state right now. Unbelievable. Just look at the film for 20 seconds. JB has done a nice job describing it.

Taj is going to be a great college WR. Watch and see.

Todd Hunt continues to struggle with his football knowledge and objectivity rating players.

He isn't even included in the HM section for the top 50 players in NJ. NJ is a good state for HS football but not nearly that good. While I haven't reviewed the film of all the top players in that state, I can guarantee you he is one of the top 10 players in the state right now. Unbelievable. Just look at the film for 20 seconds. JB has done a nice job describing it.

Taj is going to be a great college WR. Watch and see.

I'm really excited about this WR class. I think they have an opportunity to be special.

how to tell how fast he is as he ran by everyone, but many of his team mates did too.. It looked like the film of Randy Moss playing, big tall, long strides just runing by kids.

his closing as a DB was pretty good.

we have some pretty good athletes coming in next year

He looks like he would make a pretty darn good free safety as well but I would guess he sticks at WR. I foresee quite a few WR screens to him and probably some deep balls as he has good height and a gazelle like stride. Looks to be pretty physical too so you'd think he could block. Gotta think he redshirts to learn the system and work on his hands and route running as I'm guessing they would need some polish after playing QB as a senior and he definitely needs to learn to secure the ball better as that will not fly in college. Great prospect. Looking like a nice haul on WR's this class. We definitely needed it.
Hes already made the 2 deep:)

Watching his tape, very interesting. Also looks like he had a less than stellar offensive line.

Impressive.

Meh: All I see is the oldest uncle going out in the yard to play against all the little nieces and nephews to live our his football fantasies.

Watching his tape, very interesting. Also looks like he had a less than stellar offensive line.

Impressive.
Yeah, the Oline was also smaller than him. Say What? Has great field vision, with some wiggle. Very elusive. I can see him getting his first reps as a returner, as he works his way into the receiving core. Great get!

School enrollment is only 421, so he's coming from the smallest school, of all commits. Like all the kids, he'll have a little adjustment period, against better talent.

For those who care, I've checked enrollment on all commits, to determine the level of competition. Here's some I remember:

Qadir White : 900/1800
Trill Williams: 7-800/1600

I think these are boys only schools, so double the # for public schools. White-1800, Trill - 1600

Tyrone Sampson: 1200
Anthony Queeley: 2400 - plays against schools up to 2800
Willem Froumy: 2000 - plays against schools up to 3400
Jawhar Jordan: 3600 - This kid is killing it, against HUGE competition
Gabe Horan: 1400
Cooper Lutz: 820
Edward Hendrix: 640

That being said... Mr. Harris, being in a smaller school, in no way reflects his ability. You can see he has the IT factor. Very happy to see him Orange.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors