WSTM just said | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

WSTM just said

I really really doubt this is about salary.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Agree because

A) I don't see Marrone as the interview for leverage type.
B) I don't see the NFL as being leverage for college guys salary increases. You can play other Universities, but playing the NFL probably isn't that wise.
C) As you said earlier, he likely just negotiated a new contract, so why weren't his new salary demands already addressed?

His agent could just be spreading this stuff on his own, but doesn't seem like the way Marrone would want it to go.

I think he's a well known and well thought of coach in NFL circles, and his audition at SU didn't do anything to change that perception. So I think the interest is legit.

Good for him if he goes, he deserves it. Sucks for us, but colleges often lose good coaches, just the way it goes..

Orange Barrel, this is the quote that I was referencing:

"It has to be somebody that really has studied where offenses and defenses are going," Lurie said Monday about his new coach. "Somebody that will not just today have a dynamic approach to the game but studies it in such a way that when the game figures out what's going to happen with that type of offense, they're a step ahead."

"One difference Lurie said he recognized since his last search has been the improved candidacy of college coaches. He said, "The NFL tends to borrow more from college than the other way around."

Here's the article where I got that quote:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/185342971.html

Of course, everything changes every 5 minutes or so.

Incarcerated bob is a laughingstock and complete joke. He guess and pretends its true and then if he gets lucky after the fact he pretends he is god. If he is wrong (98% of the time) he pretends he never made the call.

Take nothing bob says as true, hell if you take the opposite of what bob says, you are more likely to be right, than going with bobs tweets

@JasonLaCanfora: Bills execs in Arizona tonight to interview Ken Whisenhunt, then Ray Horton Wed, and could talk to Chip Kelly too post-bowl game in AZ

Like I said if I were Marrone I would have my bags packed, you can't win consistently in the ACC/ BCS levelwith the model Syracuse is using. If they can't afford BCS facilities than just admit we are happy at sporadic bowl births and a half empty stadium. Nobody will want this job after Marrone leaves, nobody worth hiring. Syracuse needs to step up to the pump. We are losing recruiting battles right now because of a complete lack of facilities
So if we aren't going to be "All In" in football, WTH are we in the ACC?

Yeah, I stated on another thread that if weren't not attempting to be competitive were no different than UConn. To be honest, I'm not interested in following a program that makes no attempt at being as successful as possible.

Fair question, really.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

It is and maybe the BOT's thought there would be more of an influx of cash from boosters and it didn't happen, well maybe not as much as they hoped. Maybe it's just a place to keep the sports from folding under the debacle that was the Big East. I don't know, I'm just annoyed as hell right now.

Yeah, I stated on another thread that if weren't not attempting to be competitive were no different than UConn. To be honest, I'm not interested in following a program that makes no attempt at being as successful as possible.

Agree 100%. That's why I like the outward stated goal of TGD to win NC's. Did not like Jake c's goals of winning or share in winning conference and then going to a BCS bowl every so often. Now maybe Jake had already put 2 and 2 together relative to the support of school for necessary investments to program and aligned his expectations accordingly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom