WVA vs. LSU... | Syracusefan.com

WVA vs. LSU...

orangecuse

Hall of Fame
takes on a whole new meaning this weekend for the Mountaineers I'd say with the SEC's apparent rejection of Morgantown! I do hope that they crush LSU!

as a married-in lsu fan, this one scares me. nobody there is paying attention and this is wvu's biggest game in years. lsu has already won games against 2 ranked teams away from home and their defense has looked INSANE, but i wouldn't be surprised is wvu catches them napping this week. i'm actually hoping the locals give em the business in pre-game as it'll hopefully get the point across that they better pay attention.

I want Eers to do well, I want them and Louisville to be taken care of out of the remaining 6 football teams. I respect WVU and hope they aren't left behind after we leave the Big East. I would hope if they have any animosity towards anybody it would be Marinatto and if we could continue to schedule them OOC I would. As they would replace BC for my as an annual OOC game I would like.

WVU will win out-right. They out-played LSU last year, but for two unforced turnovers (which was their huge problem last year all season).

WVU will win out-right. They out-played LSU last year, but for two unforced turnovers (which was their huge problem last year all season).

I don't think that's gonna happen, but dammit I'll be rooting for them.

Oh yeah, since the schedule came out, I've been pulling for West Virginia to come up here undefeated and top-ten for Homecoming. I've had this weekend circled on the calendar because of the WVU-LSU game almost as much as our game.

WVA gets no love despite a great athletic tradition. I hope they trounce LSU and their over-used team name.

I don't think that's gonna happen, but dammit I'll be rooting for them.

I hear you DeGrozz. But people forget that WVU outplayed LSU in many aspects last year in Baton Rouge, only losing by 6 points. Special teams cost WVU. They had a fairly easy field goal attempt blocked and also missed a 48 yarder in the 4th during a very tight game. Add in the unforced turnovers (1 fumble where nobody touched the WVU RB, and an awful INT). Finally, the biggest play of the game was Patrick Petterson's punt return for touchdown, because LSU's offense was putrid all night.

We'll see.

takes on a whole new meaning this weekend for the Mountaineers I'd say with the SEC's apparent rejection of Morgantown! I do hope that they crush LSU!

I will be rooting for WVU hardcore - I can't wait for that game. My dream is 5-1 SU vs. 6-0 WVU in the Dome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom